MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New collector - Genuine items or repro?

Article about: Hi guys. What an amazing site - I have spend the last week searching and enjoying all the different post in here One of my friends here in Denmark has been given a lot of medals and other mi

Default New collector - Genuine items or repro?

Hi guys. What an amazing site - I have spend the last week searching and enjoying all the different post in here

One of my friends here in Denmark has been given a lot of medals and other militaria from a guy, who has been an eager collector since the end of WW2. Problem is that he also collected repro items, why we no longer are able to determine which items are repro and which items are genuine - so we hope for your help and expertise

Down below I will try to attach some of the items my friend has been given. Are these items real and if so - does my friend need to store them in a safe place (because of their value) ? ;-) Your help is very much appreciated

New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?

New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector - Genuine items or repro?
    P
    Many

Default Re: New collector - Genuine items or repro?

I'm sorry, but they all appear to be copies with no real value.

Tom

hi welcome to the forum and the hobby but the items show are not original

tom beat me to it

Hi guys - and thanks I´m happy to have your expertise at hand. Would be a shame if even a single one of the shown items should turn out to be genuine and my friend didn´t know it and didn´t take rightfully care of it
    He send my a couple of pics more (he has a lot of items). But these items below seems also to be fakes (I was more in doubt about the above items).

New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?New collector - Genuine items or repro?

The Kriegsverdienst medal looks good. The police ID tag I'm not too sure of, but doubt it.
    The wound badge is also bad as is the last one which was actually copied from a shooting lanyard badge and was never made to be worn in this fashion (as a separate badge, I mean)

Tom
    Last edited by StuG III; 07-21-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Proper terminology added

About the only Possibly good one is the KVK, as mentioned. The rest-including the outrageously expensive Hitler wound badge are Very poor fakes. The Geheime square token actually looks like it is converted from one of the older bread token fakes. A fake made into an even worse fake! Personally, I would pass on even the KVK, as the rest of the bad pieces cast it also into a bad light. It's not rare or particularly valuable, in any case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the forum Sadly these are dreadful items

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

As said, all are bad except for the Kriegsverdienst Medal.........
    Regards,

Steve.

No wonder the previous owner gave them away.

?

Hello and welcome. Unfortunately, all the guys above are correct, they are all very poor fakes except for the Kriegsverdienstmedaille.

Compare to some of the originals you can see here on the site and you will notice a vast difference in terms of quality.

In future, it's always best to start a new thread for each different piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast