Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Newbie need help identifying and authenticating badges

Article about: Any help authenticating and identifying these badges would be greatly appreciated. REAL?FAKe? Thanks in advance!!!!

jbob
    ?

Talking Newbie need help identifying and authenticating badges

Any help authenticating and identifying these badges would be greatly appreciated. REAL?FAKe?

Thanks in advance!!!!

2. # ADS

Default Re: Newbie need help identifying and authenticating badges

Hi JBob

Welcome to the forum and thanks for showing your items

I can comment on your EK2 its a nice original cross made by Franz Petzl of Vienna.

Your Wound badges look good too !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The War Merit crosses look good to me, as does the first pattern police visor eagle.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The screwback red enamelled cross is a Polish made fantasy item. The two eagles are good.

Where possible it is always best to feature one item at a time. Makes things easier.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jbob
    ?

Hi thank you all so far!!! Sorry Adrian I will for sure do that next time. Thanks for the info on the red cross

No worries! Nothing wrong with being keen

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Where possible it is always best to feature one item at a time. Makes things easier.
    Agree with Ade on that one!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting your items. The War Merit crosses are all good, the EK2 and 25 year Service Medal are also good. The Krimschild stands a chance too but it's in very poor condition.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi JBob

Welcome to the forum. I wont comment on everything but in my opinion

Item 1) NSKOV (War wounded Assn.) cap eagle with 3 prongs is original tombac specimen but most of the silver finish on front worn

Item 3) Reichparteitag Nurnberg 1933 looks to be aa original bronze specimen but pin may have been reattached

Large coppery looking pin on eagle is a very good strike in cupal (copper top layer aluminum bottom layer) of summer uniform breast eagle worn by Heeres and Kriegmarine officers. One could mistake it for a gold specimen (Army generals and Navy officers) just from the front but, based on back picture this eagle was originally silver coloured (as worn by Army officers and Marine administrators (Beamte)) but the silver wash was worn off on the front (copper) side. Still, a very nice and crisp strike

Like the guys before me , I'll leave a few items for other members to tune in

Regards

JC