Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A nice NSDAP 15yr surprise!

Article about: As some forum members are aware I have recently rejoined the workforce after more than a year in the unemployment doldrums and one of the first awards I had promised myself following finding

Default A nice NSDAP 15yr surprise!

As some forum members are aware I have recently rejoined the workforce after more than a year in the unemployment doldrums and one of the first awards I had promised myself following finding a new job was a party 15 year long service. There's just something about these beauties that I find incredibly attractive, I guess it's the combination of silver and blue but whatever it is, I just find these awards to be so classy!

Anyway, after landing a new contract 2 months ago I scoured the website updates with new ambition and lo and behold, this example popped up. A light weight, non-maker marked example as the dealer description went but who cares I thought? The price was fair and the condition was certainly nice enough and what the hell...i'd waited more than a year so I pulled the trigger.

Excuse the poor photos, there's just so much glare and reflection that photographing such awards is tricky indeed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A nice NSDAP 15yr surprise!
    P
    Many

Default Re: A nice NSDAP 15yr surprise!

Sure looks good next to my 10 year long service!

Now my tired old eyes had been across the ribbon ring several times looking in vain for a maker's mark to no avail but something just looked 'unnatural' about the patination to the ring but even with a magnifying glass I couldn't make anything out so I put it aside for another week or two...

Congratulations on both the job and such a fine score!
    cheers, Glenn

Great stuff Glenn you're a lucky man, great award and good luck with the job!...

A stunningly beautiful award, my favourite!

Congrats mate!

Lets try and identify the maker from this chart

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A nice NSDAP 15yr surprise!  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks guys! And Nick, I have a surprise as the thread title suggests...

Setting the trusty Canon point-and-shoot to 'macro' then enlarging the image showed me this old girl's secret!

A Deumer !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A Deumer !!

Nick
    Really? I thought '19' was for Weidmann?

Not in the NSDAP RZM world mate

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast