Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Norwegian SS badge

Article about: Over at the red place, they are talking about that the reason for the small pins werebecause the larger pins broke, and were replaced with smaller.. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.

Default Re: Norwegian SS badge

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    at the price you are likely to pay, you're better off going for an example in which exclusively positive comments come without hesitation. comments with qualifiers, such as you see here would kick me out of the deal.

Wagriff's comments and reservations are totally sound with respect to the appearance of the metal itself. it is a little odd. as to the marks, i do think i've seen originals marked this way (the two version situation mentioned before), but still his comments are an area for some doubt for me as well. what discussion we have seen here can not rule out the possibility that it is a fake. so in total, Wagriff's comments cut to the heart of the matter: at this level of collecting, uncertainty is not a feature one wants to buy.

without a known expert coming along to dispel all doubts, it's best to wait for a "better" example. and the wait is likely to be long. you're gonna need someone with good and extensive connections to beat the bushes.
    Thanks all duley noted..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norwegian SS badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Norwegian SS badge

Isn't the shield supposed to be a separate piece?
    Pete

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3