Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi can you tell me if this is Real of Fake? And if real how much is it worth?

Default NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?

Hi can you tell me if this is Real of Fake? And if real how much is it worth?

NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Real or Fake

I am no expert on this, and still learning, but to me it looks fake. The eagle looks strange to me, but it can also be because of the camera flash. I'm sorry to say but i post this reply mostly to see and learn if my judgement was right. So do not take my word for it.

I see a lot of people saying these are fake when they are Real. There is a number "2" on the ring. Could be because of its good condition, it looks to new; but it looks like it has never be warn. I think it must be real but had to ask the question.

hi

If there is a 2 on the ring it means its a BH Mayer. The RZM code for Mayer is M11/2 so the box doesnt match

here are some close ups of an original 2 to compare

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?   NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This would make sense as all of my collection belonged to a man who was Mayor or Sembach. I have his badges from his time in the Hitler Youth through to where he was the Ortsgruppenleiter or local leader of the Nazi Party (Mayor of Sembach). Your pictures are the same item, however mine looks to have never been used.

Default Re: NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?

Looks fine to me.

The box is marked for: M1/170 B. H. Mayers Hotkunstprägeanstalt, Pforzheim

?

Can you post some more pics please? A close up of the front and back would be useful, in natural light too if possible without the flash.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The lights not to good this morning. This is with natural light - no flash. What is this worth in this condition and with its original box and the name of the Mayor of Sembach who owned it? I am sure I can dig out some photos of the man.

NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?NSDAP-Dienstauszeichnung: Real or Fake?

?

I agree with Ade, after comparing to some known originals, it does check out and is a match to other Mayer medals. Even better with a matching box.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Such a beautiful award Is it yours Swimmingfungus?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast