NSDAP flag. Real or Fake?
First of all, I wasn't sure which forum for correct for this posting. If this is an inappropriate category selection, my apologies for the error.
A friend of mine has an opportunity to purchase a small flag that is being sold as genuine, complete the with story that it's direct from a vet's estate. It measures approximately 15" x 13" and is equipped with cardboard corners and strings.
I think the flag looks suspect, although I don't know much at all about flags.
- The swastika appears in reverse on one side, which doesn't seem typical to me.
- The swastika doesn't appear to be perfectly formed.
- The swastika doesn't appear to be perfectly centered within the white circle.
- The material is very thin and seems to be of low quality
- The stitching on the seam is not perfect - even a wrinkle in the fabric was stitched over, as seen in the photos
Does anyone know for certain whether this flag is genuine? If so, can you tell me what the flag was used for? Thanks in advance!
09-16-2009 11:05 PM
Re: NSDAP flag. Real or Fake?
my Skype: warrelics