Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK Balloon, I hope it is real

Article about: I saw another post on this forum from a member who had a badge like this and the viewers told him it was a fake. I have one of those badges and I would llike to know if mine is a fake also.

Default NSFK Balloon, I hope it is real

I saw another post on this forum from a member who had a badge like this and the viewers told him it was a fake. I have one of those badges and I would llike to know if mine is a fake also. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Balloon, I hope it is real
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSFK Balloon, I hope it is real

Hi Keith and welcome.

Unfortunately it is a fake. The reverse hardware is completely wrong for a period item and can commonly be found on postwar Souval badges. The catch configuration is the biggest giveaway. This type made from a circular piece of metal with a strip cut and bent up to retain the pin is a very well known postwar setup and any badge showing this can be regarded as fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by keithwr View Post
    I saw another post on this forum from a member who had a badge like this and the viewers told him it was a fake. I have one of those badges and I would llike to know if mine is a fake also. Thanks.

Thanks Adrian. Can I assume that they are "fake" because they are not war time production. But, they are "real" German made items made by the same companies that did the war time items, but just made after the war? Is there some place that discusses these that may give me insight on what they are worth? Thanks.

Quote by keithwr View Post
    Thanks Adrian. Can I assume that they are "fake" because they are not war time production. But, they are "real" German made items made by the same companies that did the war time items, but just made after the war? Is there some place that discusses these that may give me insight on what they are worth? Thanks.
    They wouldnt be making things with the swastika on them post war

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    They wouldnt be making things with the swastika on them post war

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny,
    Souval could because he was Austrian and based in Vienna....... This is a typical postwar Souval setup.

I'm not sure there would be much value attached to this item as it is a post war fake. There is an argument they can be used as 'space fillers' and therefore could command a small price but it is a fake at the end of the day........

Learning something new every day I just thought it would be very unusual for something intended for the German armed forces after the war after the fall of the Nazi party

Thanks

Danny

Thanks for the help. I am going to post a Pilot/Observer badge which I have been told is also a fake, but I would like to learn the clues that give it away as a fake. Thanks.

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Learning something new every day I just thought it would be very unusual for something intended for the German armed forces after the war after the fall of the Nazi party

Thanks

Danny
    Souval cottoned onto the collector and souvenir market very quickly! I believe Bob Hritz has had many contacts with the company and can provide great insight into their workings after the war.