Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NSFK Powered Aircraft Badge 3rd Model

Article about: This is pretty much it for my small collection

Maybe sometime down the line fellas. I posted a ton of stuff over the past 3 days. Well put harryamb. The majority of my stuff is locked away 80 miles from me in my hometown.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Powered Aircraft Badge 3rd Model
    P
    Many

I am sorry to say that I must agree with Ned that your badge is a post war copy. It certainly lacks the detail one would expect to find in a period badge. As Ned said, these badges are extremely rare and have been faked for a long period of time. I doubt that many members on this Forum have ever handled a known original in hand, which I have.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I am sorry to say that I must agree with Ned that your badge is a post war copy. It certainly lacks the detail one would expect to find in a period badge. As Ned said, these badges are extremely rare and have been faked for a long period of time. I doubt that many members on this Forum have ever handled a known original in hand, which I have.
    Being one of those members who hasn't handled a known original, I will leave my opinions unsaid. However, Bobs opinion is one of value and merit. Dealers are a dime in a dozen, who retain limited knowledge(the majority), and will say anything to gain a buck. He could've just been mistaken, or he could've been trying to get on your good side in hopes one day you would buy from him. Either way or neither, two well-experienced members who have nothing invested have said it is bad, which leaves me with no doubt that it is, indeed, bad.
    Oh, the whole thing about having items most haven't seen isn't that humble, now is it humblecollector?

?

I wonder how long ago it was appraised and if Mr Foreman would be prepared to purchase it from you if he believes it to be original?

Thanks to Ned there is a known original on this thread to compare to. The details and trimming outlines are poles apart. It makes no difference if the piece has been authenticated by a leading figure in the TR collecting community when the stark differences are there to see.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Agreed. Each item should always be judged on its own merit. Also, no one person should determine an items authenticity, yet the collecting community as a whole. Imagine if we did allow one individual to do so, he could say whatever he wanted was real, and in turn sell fakes/reproductions for a crazy price.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Imagine if we did allow one individual to do so, he could say whatever he wanted was real, and in turn sell fakes/reproductions for a crazy price.
    That accusation has been levelled at several dealers/experts that I know of. Some with merit too.

And then you only have to look at Snyder's website to see his authentication of some extremely dubious and dodgy items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by big ned View Post
    Be careful HC, this may become a turkey shoot.....
    Run Forrest, run!!
    Attached Images Attached Images NSFK Powered Aircraft Badge 3rd Model 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3