Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

nsrl rowing medal

Article about: by Stickgrenade Some members have already given some useful info on this http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...medals-107675/ Nick That's where I saw it! Thanks for the link, Nick.

?

Default nsrl rowing medal

been trying to find info on this medal for ages now with no luck, its a nice medal but i just give up cant even find a pic of it anywhere. could it be fake or origionaly a coin ?

rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nsrl rowing medal   nsrl rowing medal  

nsrl rowing medal   nsrl rowing medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nsrl rowing medal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: nsrl rowing medal

I don't think it was a coin. It's most likely a medal awarded by the NSRL at a regional or perhaps national rowing event in Stuttgart. It isn't an Olympic medal as we already know.
    Hopefully one of the others might be able to shed more light on it or at least point you in the right direction for research.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Have not seen this one before.

I like it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

thanks guys just annoying as it doesnt seem to exist anywhere else, does this mean its a very rare item or not many people are interested in collecting nsrl items ?

cheers rory

Hi Rory, I like it. Just never seen one before in 35 years of collecting and I think this will be the same for most forum members?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

hello ade is this a good thing or ..... is it fantasy this is wierd so it has to be mega rare cause there are no references to it anywhere after about a month of searching

cheers rory

I am certain it is real. I would buy it put it that way.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I don't think it's a fantasy award, it is too well designed and made to be fantasy and it will only have a very limited appeal to rowing collectors and with respect to any rowers here, not the most desirable collectable. My personal belief is that it is a very locally awarded medal and struck specifically for a rowing event on that date in that place and therefore the production numbers will be low and the number of awards handed out will not be great.
    I guess you could equate it to something like a half marathon in your nearest large town where the participants might get a medal from an organisation such as 'Sport England' for competing. Not the best analogy I know and I might be completely wrong but I'm sure you get the idea.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have seen one of these somewhere before and although I am not an awards expert, I agree with everyone else in that it looks like a good original piece.

Some members have already given some useful info on this

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...medals-107675/

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast