Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd looking AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: I was wandering around Manchester today and found this in what can only be called a junk shop, the owner said he got it from a house clearance along with some British medals. I think this is

Default Odd looking AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen

Odd looking AS marked PanzerkampfabzeichenOdd looking AS marked PanzerkampfabzeichenOdd looking AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen

I was wandering around Manchester today and found this in what can only be called a junk shop, the owner said he got it from a house clearance along with some British medals. I think this is a fake but i bought it with a money back guarantee from the shop owner.
    It's a strange one, flat pin with something stamped into it which i cant read, odd looking pin pivot which has been butchered by somebody forcing a replacement pivot pin into it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd looking AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Odd looking AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen

I'm not holding out much hope on this one being original Gunny. Even with a replaced pin I have serious concerns.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm not holding out much hope on this one being original Gunny. Even with a replaced pin I have serious concerns.
    Same here, i think i'll be returning it soon.

I think the badge is ok but the pin is not from it. a ground dug maybe ?

I think that i would return it a wait for a nice clean and honest example.I am unsure about the badge itself,looks as though the highlights on the obverse have been worn,flattened or ground down,particually around the eagles feet and chest area.As for it being ground dug,that is quite possible buy the look of it,but when it was put in the ground is another matter.

I rang the shopkeeper this morning and told him i'll be bringing it back, no argument from him at all. Good to find honest dealers.

?

One more thing to consider is that the badge looks like it is rusting. I'm fairly sure these were not made from materials that rust......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....