Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's Ärmelband Afrika

Article about: Hi everyone, I know these are very rare but this one looks pretty well made and has some age to it. What do you all think? Thanks.

Default Officer's Ärmelband Afrika

Hi everyone,
    I know these are very rare but this one looks pretty well made and has some age to it. What do you all think? Thanks.

Officer's Ärmelband AfrikaOfficer's Ärmelband AfrikaOfficer's Ärmelband AfrikaOfficer's Ärmelband AfrikaOfficer's Ärmelband Afrika
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-03-2016 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer's Ärmelband Afrika
    P
    Many

It stands a chance.

But these were non regulation.

Would I buy one? Possibly not, unless it was very cheap or with rock solid provenance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you, Adrian.

Hello Stgw.
    it looks convincing enough but what would stop me adding this one to my collection is the variation of thread colour on the underside.
    One patch seems to have black under thread rather than the pale colour that is on the rest of the title.
    Just a bit too amateurish for me

Doug

Thank you for you opinion, Doug.

I was just wondering that myself,Doug. It would mean that it's either been repaired or it's a fake to begin with. I would not want to bother with it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I appreciate your opinion, William. Thank you.

Hi, I do not like this piece either. One palm tree looks like it sits quite a bit lower than the other, the piping looks different from top to bottom, the back is unlike any Ive seen on authentic pieces of the same. Just too many red flags.