Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Olympic badge for sale

Article about: I have severe doubts about this badge. Pete http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww-2-g...iginal-187110/

?

Default Olympic badge for sale

I have severe doubts about this badge.
    Pete
    Nazi Olympic Badge Berlin Original
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Olympic badge for sale   Olympic badge for sale  

Olympic badge for sale   Olympic badge for sale  

Last edited by Adrian; 06-07-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded to opening post.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Olympic badge for sale
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Olympic badge for sale

What are your concerns?

?

I doubt that it is genuine.
    Pete

?

Ok.....please tell us why....

It's unfair to the seller to come on and just say its wrong, without explaining why

?

Pete, I have to agree with Rob, can you explain your concerns over the badge please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Perhaps I should revise my statement then. I have done a quick search on the Wehrmacht Awards forum to try to find the relevant thread/threads, but on the ones I found nobody would say real or not. I think this is a fantasy item, and believe that it is one of a number of Olympic enamel badges (and a few NSFK) that are availiable that were produced post war, many of these are well known to the collecting fraternity. So no definitive answer from me except I do not like it and buyer beware.
    Regards,
    Pete

?

Thanks for your thoughts Pete. I've added a link to this thread on the sales advert and also created another in the Non Combat sub forum to see if any of the guys there can shed any more light on the badge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I don't think that you will ever be able to get a 100% definitive answer on these. I along with Pete believe that these are older stock fantasy enamel pieces...but I have nothing other than my own opinions to back that up. I can't remember if these were coming out of Austria or the UK...maybe Pete remembers exactly.

I for one would not want this piece in my collection.

Just my opinion...
    Chrys

If you can find concrete information on this I'd be happy to remove and revise and relist as such. I have alot of other items to post and I dont want this to ruin the bunch. Thanks for your concern, who knows maybe I have something rare. Its Very well made and die struck. Pin held on by correct size circle?

As was said earlier you are not going to find anything 'concrete' about any of these enamel badges. It is just one of those collector 'gut' things I guess.

None of these pieces has to my knowledge ever been seen in any period photographs either. That is not a 100% indication that it is a fantasy piece...but it also does nothing to help support it being period either.

I have seen these sold before and I guess it is just one of those things where if you and the seller are happy then no harm no foul (think DJ Knife here!). I would point out that these are controversial in my listing just to ensure everyone is on the same page...but this is your decision ultimately.

All the best with your decision!
    Chrys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast