Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Opinions please on Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Article about: Hi I am a new member here and would like some opinions on this badge. I purchased it a few days ago from a man who found it metal detecting on beach in Plymouth uk. I have researched as much

?

Quote by Norfolkwolf View Post
    Hi

I am a new member here and would like some opinions on this badge.
    I purchased it a few days ago from a man who found it metal detecting on beach in Plymouth uk.
    Hi Nick and welcome.

First thing you should consider is why one of these badges would be found on a beach in Plymouth. Not a likely place to find such an item.

Secondly, evaluate the piece, not the story attached to it. This applies without exception. Many collectors have been fooled by a wonderful and apparently cast iron tale when buying an item and have been sorely disappointed when they find out they've been duped.

It is a fake and most likely artificially aged to make it look good to the untrained eye. If it was found on a beach, I would expect long exposure to a salty environment to have made the piece almost unrecognisable.

Never believe someone who is trying to get you to give them money when they tell you a story. Look at the item and if it doesn't sit right, walk away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12