Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"

Article about: haha Awesome Find Jeff. Why cant I ever be that lucky. All I find at garage sales etc. is overpriced civil war stuff around here. Im glad you slipped this one past the dealer. Tally one up f

?

Default Re: Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"

haha Awesome Find Jeff. Why cant I ever be that lucky. All I find at garage sales etc. is overpriced civil war stuff around here. Im glad you slipped this one past the dealer. Tally one up for the Collectors team. Its good to hear and know these things are still out there at that price, since our generation missed "the good ol' days" of militaria

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

25 bucks mmm well done.nice

Jeff, mm "30" "Hauptmunzamt wien" is the factory that produced the medal in Wien (Vienna), Austria (Ostmark as it was known in the time of the Greater German Reich), they are known for their quality pieces...
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Bill-- I know the feeling, I never find this type of deal myself but hey you roll the dice enough you are bound to make a good hand now and then. I am in the same boat with the age thing. I am only 25 and even though I have been doing this since I was 11 it is still hard to find nice items at a nice price.

Darren J-- Thank you sir I am still very proud of my buy!

Oradour-- Thank you for the info on the medal! I know the information is somewhere on the forum about the manuf. numbers but I could not find it.

One last question for you all. I was looking to price this medal but can not find any for sale on the net. Does anyone know what a good sale price for one in this condition would be? I was offered $180 US for it but I just feel like it is worth a little more. Any help with this would also be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Jeff

?

Quote by Killroy View Post
    Oradour-- Thank you for the info on the medal! I know the information is somewhere on the forum about the manuf. numbers but I could not find it.
    Jeff, the information on manufacturer's numbers is on a sticky thread at the top of this sub forum.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Jeff, the information on manufacturer's numbers is on a sticky thread at the top of this sub forum.
    I prob just overlooked it thank you my friend.

To only add that medal comprises of my collection of the Order of the German Eagle.Thanks Killroy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12