Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"

Article about: haha Awesome Find Jeff. Why cant I ever be that lucky. All I find at garage sales etc. is overpriced civil war stuff around here. Im glad you slipped this one past the dealer. Tally one up f

Default Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"

I just picked this up today at an estate sale along with some other items. I was not for sure what it was but found it when I returned home in Forman's Guide. I purchased it for $25.00 US so not hurt if it is not a period award. From what I have looked at though it looks good. It has a maker mark on the back of the loop of "30". Any more info on this award is welcome and I hope my gut is correct on the authenticity! Thank you all in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"   Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"  

Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"   Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"  

Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"   Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of the German Eagle "Deutsche Verdienst Medaille"

Very nice "Deutsche Verdienst medaille" which translates to "German earnings/services medal". looks 100% to me.

ERIC

The book I have shows there were two grades like this. I believe this one to be the silver due to some of the silver wash still able to be seen. Any ideas on this?

I agree its silver. The ones ive seen look about like yours only seen one in person that had all of its silver intact. Great find

Thank you I could not believe it myself I never get this lucky. I also picked up a couple of other nice items including a US tanker cloth jacket and a HJ train/bus pass with a photo of the owner.

Their are REPROs of these on the market what makes yours stand out as orig is ribbon pin and ring marking and good detail to medal.

ERIC

Hi Jeff, you have done really well finding this for that price. Nice little bargain.

Cheers, Ade.

You have a good eye Jeff

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That's a good honest piece. A zincer which has lost the majority of it's finish but it still looks good against the grubby ribbon which I really like. Can you confirm if the ribbon ring is soldered together or is split please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The ring is a split piece. Thank all of you for you re-assurance with this. Another good thing about this piece too is that for me it is guild free! The estate sale was for a family but was being put on by a "dealer". The guy thought he was all that and a bag of potato chips with all of the stuff he had priced and was telling me the what-for and how because I look young. I mean he had $45 a piece of common rally tinnes! I saw this and thought surely I am not going to be sneaking up on this guy, this has to be one of those too good to be true situations that I am always telling others to look out for. I just followed my gut and for $25 my gut had a cheap calling. I am really happy with todays finds. I will post the rest in a little while.

Regards

Jeff

PS: And I know what you are thinking I screwed the family. Not so, this dealer actually brought his own "picks" to this family estate sale to sell so this was all on him!
    Last edited by Killroy; 02-24-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast