Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword

Article about: Hello everyone, sorry for the missing o in order in the title... I'm new to this forum, used to spend my time over at wehrmacht-awards forums. Noticed at Munster's (Dion) page -> http://w

?

Default Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword

Hello everyone,
    sorry for the missing o in order in the title...
    I'm new to this forum, used to spend my time over at wehrmacht-awards forums. Noticed at Munster's (Dion) page -> http://www.mdmilitaria.com...he had given it a good word, so thought I'd come check it out over here.
    I'd like anyones opinion on a order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Latin script Bronze without swords.
    I've had it since I was a kid, about 30 yrs ago. I've had conflicting opinions on it, so any info/help is much appreciated.

Thanks and take care all,
    jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword   Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword

Hi Jason, it looks fine. It is a late production example made from zinc. Nice original medal.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Block script ?Silver? without sword

Thanks so much for the reply.... I thought it was late production also....
    A local dealer told me it was fake since there was no makers mark on it....but i've never seen on with a makers mark of any sort....

I recognize your name from wehrmacht awards, and its one of the names i'll believe when it comes to information.
    Thanks again,
    jason

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by jlava View Post
    Hello everyone,
    sorry for the missing o in order in the title...
    I'm new to this forum, used to spend my time over at wehrmacht-awards forums. Noticed at Munster's (Dion) page -> http://www.mdmilitaria.com...he had given it a good word, so thought I'd come check it out over here.
    I'd like anyones opinion on a order of the German Eagle - Medal of Merit, 2nd Type Latin script Bronze without swords.
    I've had it since I was a kid, about 30 yrs ago. I've had conflicting opinions on it, so any info/help is much appreciated.

Thanks and take care all,
    jason
    IN MY OPINION the members here are MUCH nicer than SOME of the members to be found on Wehrmacht Awards. (Of course some members like me belong to both forums, but I seldom go to WAF)