Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen

Article about: I'm considering buying this medal online but just wanted to check that its a genuine, original piece. Also, is the ribbon original? I've never seen a miniature ribbon for the West Wall award

Default Original Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen

I'm considering buying this medal online but just wanted to check that its a genuine, original piece. Also, is the ribbon original? I've never seen a miniature ribbon for the West Wall award. Thanks!

Original Deutsches Schutzwall-EhrenzeichenOriginal Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-30-2017 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen
    P
    Many

That certainly is an odd-looking ribbon. Looks almost like it's shrunk!
    As for the medal itself, comparing this one with photos of the original, the ring for attaching the loop looks slightly wrong. The swastika also looks a little too 'fat' for lack of a better term. Might just be a difference from maker to maker, but I really don't know much about these ones.
    Best wait for those in the know to come along and correct me!

B.B.

?

As stated the ribbon is shorter than some examples.. The back seems to indicate a "Fix" of some sort at one time or another. These were produced in different metals.. If memory serves me right there was a slight color variation on the ribbon.. I have pointed out some traits on yours... G
    Attached Images Attached Images Original Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen  Original Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

There seems to have been a repair made as said,
    and the ribbon is indeed incorrect for a full size
    medal. These are still plentiful so I'd wait for
    a better example.........
    Regards,

Steve.

So the ribbon is a repro? And thanks for pointing out the repair, I completely missed that Do you believe its an original medal? I know its a fairly common medal; however I've seen very few in person so am not quite sure.

Original but not worth picking up because
    of the problems pointed out.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Original but not worth picking up because
    of the problems pointed out.........
    It's listed for pretty cheap though I've been wanting to get one for a while, but the only other one I've encountered I'm pretty sure is a repro

I've wanted one for a dog's age too. With cheap awards such as this, it's best to wait for an outstanding, mint example to come along. It's a longer wait, but you'll enjoy landing the catch all the more for it.

B.B.

?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    It's listed for pretty cheap though I've been wanting to get one for a while, but the only other one I've encountered I'm pretty sure is a repro
    As Walkwolf has pointed out, these are fairly common.. I'd tend to heed his advise and seek a better example.
    In most cases this award can be had for as little as $30-40 W/O ribbon and upwards with ribbon and perhaps an issue packet.. Just be a little patient and post when in doubt here first if possible... Good luck in your search G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I just sent you one via Private Message and it is it great condition. Hope it works. Nice ribbon and really minty. Good luck!

Original Deutsches Schutzwall-EhrenzeichenOriginal Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast