Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an original Flak badge or a fake?

Article about: Hi, I've been trying to research an item that's been in my family for around 40 years(according to my mother). I think it's a Flak Badge, however there's a few things different from any of t

Michael34
    ?

Default Is this an original Flak badge or a fake?

Hi, I've been trying to research an item that's been in my family for around 40 years(according to my mother). I think it's a Flak Badge, however there's a few things different from any of the photo's I have seen so I am unsure whether it is a fake or not.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm quite interested to know more about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an original Flak badge or a fake?   Is this an original Flak badge or a fake?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this an original Flak badge or a fake?

Definitely what it is;

- Luftwaffe Flakabzeichen.

It may be an unmarked zinc type, but it is not well detailed !
    I know they were making lead copies in the late 70's.

Let a few of the 'experts' on these have their say.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I think you might have a cast fake and it may be a soft metal one, judging by the rear

Michael34
    ?

Walkwolf: Thanks very much for the quick reply! I'm really hoping it is an original, as it's highly desired in my family. Unfortunately no one knows how it came to be in our possession, but I'm going to try and find out.

davejb: Ah, that's unfortunate. Thanks for info. It's still a nice item and I'll try doing a bit more searching on it.

Are the originals expensive to buy? I've seen so many different prices of them whilst I was searching and It would be nice to have an original.

EDIT: The below image is of another item that was always kept in the same container. I think it's a jewish symbol, which I always thought was quite odd for it to be kept in the same box. Is there a relation between the two or is it just two random items that the family collected over the years?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an original Flak badge or a fake?  

?

Michael, my view on the badge is just an opinion, i would wait for more comments, i could be wrong, thats the beauty about this forum, we all learn more every day as for the jewish symbol i remember that my mother had something very similar but it was a lead type metal and very fragile, god knows why she had it were not jewish!

Michael34
    ?

Here's to hoping you're wrong, but I've noticed that none of the pictures I've seen on the web are the same as it. It's no biggy, I didn't pay for it.

And yeah, Families gather some odd stuff. None of my family, as far as I'm aware, are Jewish.

Not a variation I have ever encountered!

I do not think this is original. Trying bending it with light pressure. Original badges are very stiff and will not move quite as easily.

?

This badge is a very bad detailed fake.
    About the originals, the best flak IMO the tombak J1 Juncker, NS Brehmer and the tombak "Ball Hinge" from unknown maker, these are usually cost 300-350€.Other two maker's type which exist in tombak are Deumer and Assmann.
    Zinc badges are much cheaper.