Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection

Article about: another pic of my Buntmetal maker mark 65

Default Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection

Hello, some pics to share of a new Ostfront medal that arrived today. This I believe is the Bunt metal variation. I think it is probably an earlier medal from what I have read. I hope it not a fake!!

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection   Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection  

Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection   Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection  

Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection
    P
    Many

iron cross
    ?

Default Re: Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection

The silver finish looks like a little funny. it looks like it was painted on. I think it is a fake sorry to say.

The paint under the helmet seems a little strange & does anyone have another example with the same flaw on the Swaz? Stewy S

iron cross
    ?

just what I was thinking the paint under the helmet seems very strange

Hi,

Although buntmetal examples are earlier and harder to find, the fakes are pretending to be just that - a harder to find variety. Recalling what I know from my TR collecting days...buntmetal fakes are identified by a thicker suspension, and a thinner ribbon suspension ring (but not always). Another indicator is the way that the helmet is painted, it extends much too far down over the grenade. Also, the details in the reverse sword hilt tend to be inferior on fakes.

I seem to remember that there was some indicator in the number of berries on the reverse laurel...but I don't remember if fakes had more or less (sorry). Personally, if I were still collecting these, I don't think I would want this one.

Here is an example of an original piece that I found a photo of on the web for comparison.

** Note the difference in the length of the lower "legs" of the 9 and the two 4's on the reverse...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi, thanks to all for the info, opinions and good pics of a nice good one.

This one is going back. The seller offers no hassle returns, so no problem. This one looks like crap. Flaw in the swazi and the handle of sword is wrong, and funny "painting". You are all correct. I will post pics of a good when I get one someday. I will also visit the eye doctor soon.

Thanks, Steve

iron cross
    ?

hi kilroy before buying look around and compare pricing and look and really study the item so you know whats around and what an original should look like.

?

As i was reading this post i thought i'd compare to the ones i have and noticed that although the medals look fine i have 2 styles of ribon, one with the black stripe 2mm wide and another 3mm wide, but quite noticable side by side. Does anyone know which is correct, as i doubt both are? Both ribon types are about 31mm wide.

interesting what you notice isn't it!

Quote by Tietze View Post
    As i was reading this post i thought i'd compare to the ones i have and noticed that although the medals look fine i have 2 styles of ribon, one with the black stripe 2mm wide and another 3mm wide, but quite noticable side by side. Does anyone know which is correct, as i doubt both are? Both ribon types are about 31mm wide.

interesting what you notice isn't it!
    Hi,

This could be attributed to differing examples of manufacturing and different stock runs. If you have a blacklight, you can test them side by side. Although a blacklight is NOT the be all end all final word, it was not common practice to use whitenening agents in ribbon stock as it was more expensive. You may also see if you can feel a difference in the two ribbons. If one glows under the blacklight and feels different/non-standard in comparison to your known good ribbons, that could be a red flag.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

here my example , i remark the hilt of the sword is different
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostfront Medaille Hard Metal New for Collection  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast