Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ostmedaille - Real or Fake???

Article about: Hi, I'm buying a Ostmedaille MINT condition i've found. I would like to know your opinion about it. Is it real or fake??? Thanks

Default Re: Ostmedaille - Real or Fake???

Hi,
    I discovered that the dealer had this certificate, after the negociation started, and it was included on the bargain.

Thanks, guys.
    You've been very Helpful.

PS:
    I'm from Brazil, and i'm starting my collection of WWII decorations, with some basic items.
    My first acquisition was a EKII 1939 uinssued + Ribbon + Package "25", from a sweden dealer
    (http://warrelics.eu/forum/orders-dec...484/#post97235).
    Once i don't have much experience on detecting fakes, i use this forum to help me identify some authentic items, before closing the deals.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Hey Stewy, even knowledgeable people are known to make mistakes. Always better to check.
    Tom
    I agree Tom a COA's sometimes a bit "kings new clothes" syndrome. As a nice original item doesn't need it. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I agree Tom a COA's sometimes a bit "kings new clothes" syndrome. As a nice original item doesn't need it. Stewy S
    Agreed, the item should stand on its own merits. In fact, when I have bought from Detlev I tell him to not send a COA. If I am not sure of what I am buying based on my own knowledge and satisfaction, then I don't have any business buying. I make it a point to buy publications, access period catalogs and photos, and use the internet to study and research all items BEFORE I buy. If after all of that, I still cannot find enough information on a rare or seldom seen item when I am considering a purchase, then I turn to those whom who have invested decades in research and personal contact with those who would have worn the items. Of course, I am one that enjoys the research almost as much, maybe even more sometimes, than owning the actual item. However, this is just my personal feeling...different strokes. BTW, this one of the cleanest examples I have seen and an upgrade in condition probably isn't possible.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12