Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Paratrooper Badge with case

Article about: Gentlemen, I have not viewed or handled enough of these to feel 100% certain on these. What is your opinions? The rivets seem to large, the catch appears incorrect however once again I'm not

?

Default Paratrooper Badge with case

Gentlemen,
    I have not viewed or handled enough of these to feel 100% certain on these. What is your opinions? The rivets seem to large, the catch appears incorrect however once again I'm not sure. Thanks in advance!
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratrooper Badge with case   Paratrooper Badge with case  

Paratrooper Badge with case  
    Attached Images Attached Images Paratrooper Badge with case  Paratrooper Badge with case 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paratrooper Badge with case
    P
    Many

As far as I know, the only Assmann Para's that are marked with the "A" and L/64 are the late-war (43-45) Type J and the Type K, and both also have wreath markings-which this one does not. The markings on the eagle also look markedly different than this piece's markings. They also have very thick wreaths which again, this one does not. Materials wrong, hardware wrong, styles wrong. I would suggest passing...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Badge and case are both fakes. The badge have no Assmann eagle and no Assmann wreath. Eagle are an copy in the Steinhauer & Lück design, rivets complete wrong, maker mark are complete wrong too. Case is also an postwar copy.

You had self an bad feeling Anzel. And your feeling was right!

KR
    Joe

?

Hello,
    I agree it is bad and as Wagriff has said you only want to find the L/64 mark on late war badges (zinc made with injection molds on the wreath). To repeat Joe, that is not an Assmann eagle or wreath.

Jody
    Last edited by Jody; 01-07-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Hi Anzel, as you already know, that is not a genuine Assmann award, it is not even close for the reasons given above. Here is my late war Assmann L/64 mould injected award for you to compare it with. Leon.Paratrooper Badge with caseParatrooper Badge with caseParatrooper Badge with caseParatrooper Badge with caseParatrooper Badge with caseParatrooper Badge with case

all said.

?

Thank you gentlemen for sharing your wisdom and experience. Leon thank you for posting your example.
    Best,
    Anzel