Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peenemunde-West medals info needed.....

Article about: I don't do much in medals, but when he said " hard water " , it peaked my interest immediately, as i know if authentic, would make it very rare. And, a lot of people in here would

Default Peenemunde-West medals info needed.....

Does anyone know what these medals would look like, and how many were issued/made.

I believe these were medals issued for the the production of heavy water.

I got off the phone with a buddy that is getting one, and he always ends up selling his items to me.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Peenemunde-West medals info needed.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Peenemunde-West medals info needed.....

Here is the pic he sent to my buddy, does this even look good or what, and sorry about the pic, he has a crappy camera.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Peenemunde-West medals info needed..... 

Interesting medal Brian!

Versuchstelle means "experimental place" so yes it could well be something to do with heavy water but I would think more likely to be the V1/2 rockets due to the Luftwaffe emblem

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thats what i was able to find out, that the medal was for troops stationed there, while they was producing heavy water.

But i could be wrong, but thats what i found out, so far.

Brian

I may be wrong but the Luftwaffe were not get involved in producing heavey water which was for the Atomic bomb.

I think its more likely for testing the Vengeance weapons. As you can see from the link there was a Luftwaffe centre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peenem%...oduction_Plant

I hope someone can clarify

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Need some more pictures .It does look like the V1 and V2 badges that I have seen before It is still a very good badge if I do remenber correctly in the center the color should be red.I do not think they had a badge for the heavy water group I just never come a cross on any info on that but if they did you would be looking at a very rare badge.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Need some more pictures .It does look like the V1 and V2 badges that I have seen before It is still a very good badge if I do remenber correctly in the center the color should be red.I do not think they had a badge for the heavy water group I just never come a cross on any info on that but if they did you would be looking at a very rare badge.
    Thats what i was thinking, that it could be a very rare badge, as i have never seen one of these, except on the net.

As i do not think these were faked.

I'm going to try and get it from him.

He said he would take an SS dagger for it, and I'm not sure if its that rare, but it could be, thats why im asking the experts in here.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Thats what i was thinking, that it could be a very rare badge, as i have never seen one of these, except on the net.

As i do not think these were faked.

I'm going to try and get it from him.

He said he would take an SS dagger for it, and I'm not sure if its that rare, but it could be, thats why im asking the experts in here.

Brian
    For a SS dagger ,well you need to get more pictures to make sure.

I'll have the medal in my hands before i send him a dagger.

Brian

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    For a SS dagger ,well you need to get more pictures to make sure.
    I agree with Chris, keep your hands firmly clenched on the SS dagger until you get better pics and more information.
    I've seen different types of these badges, some round, some oval and some square as you've posted above. None of them seem to be much more than painted tin. I have no idea of the value of these - if indeed the examples I have seen have been real - but equating it to the value of an SS dagger must make it a very rare and sought after badge.
    I know which I would prefer to see in my collection.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast