Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help to identify the badges

Article about: Hello all, I've been reading this forum from time to time and now decided to join. I am a long-term collector of antiques but just recently decided to start my collection of WWII relics and

SnowCat
    ?

Default Please help to identify the badges

Hello all,
    I've been reading this forum from time to time and now decided to join. I am a long-term collector of antiques but just recently decided to start my collection of WWII relics and need some advice. I've got 4 pieces (badges?) which I've got from a friend who in turn bought them at a local auction in Italy but this does not exclude a possibility that they are fantasy pieces from Poland so I would like a second opinion. I have searched Internet trying to find similar pieces, like other enamel badges but there are very few. Have you seen something like this before? Thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help to identify the badges   Please help to identify the badges  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Please help to identify the badges

I have never seen anything like those, no disrespect, but the eagle looks like a hungry buzzard, but I'm a newb, so I don't know anything , sorry.I could be wrong, but the screw backs are a red flag.

?

Yeah marty ,i think your right as they look fake to me...maybe someone else can say as this is not my area!

SnowCat
    ?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    I have never seen anything like those, no disrespect, but the eagle looks like a hungry buzzard, but I'm a newb, so I don't know anything , sorry.I could be wrong, but the screw backs are a red flag.
    You see, there are quite a few period badges with screws, not pins. One of them, very similar to mine is here
    GOTT MIT UNS (Gods with us) Nazi badge w/swastika For Sale
    and judging by photo looks almost same but the listed (which claims to be original) bears maker's mark 44 and mine doesn't.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the bad news, but these are modern fantasy items which never existed during the Third Reich. These are made in Poland.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I can only agree with the opinions above, none of your items are period and as Ade has said, fantasy items.
    Welcome to the forum though and please don't let this put you off!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

SnowCat
    ?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I can only agree with the opinions above, none of your items are period and as Ade has said, fantasy items.
    Welcome to the forum though and please don't let this put you off!
    Thanks and this hasn't put me off as I suspected that however, it slightly worries me that the eagle badge similar to mine is sold as an original thing at the link above. Is it also a fake?

Yes, the badge sold as "original" was bad too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes, another fantasy badge exactly the same as the example you posted. It doesn't look like it's sold yet though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Why did they even bother to make these items, it beats me!

Welcome to the forum Snowcat ! Nice to have you on board

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast