Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Long Service Medal Bars

Article about: Hi folks, I love medal bars and especially examples with Police Long Service medals. I will post three of mine and please post some of your examples. Regards, Jody First up is a rare example

?

Thumbs up Police Long Service Medal Bars

Hi folks,
    I love medal bars and especially examples with Police Long Service medals. I will post three of mine and please post some of your examples.

Regards,
    Jody

First up is a rare example with an 8 year medal. The 8 year Police Long service award is the hardest to find on a medal bar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Long Service Medal Bars   Police Long Service Medal Bars  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Long Service Medal Bars
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up 18 Year

Here is a nice example with the 18 year service medal that was awarded to a man that in the Luftschutz. I only collect the higher grade awards of Police medals on bars that have the eagle embroidered directly on the ribbon and not separately attached.

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Long Service Medal Bars   Police Long Service Medal Bars  

?

Thumbs up 25 Year

Here is a nice non-combatant example on a small medal bar. The eagle is also embroidered directly onto the ribbon. This example was veteran obtained in 2000 from a 3rd US Infantry Division veteran.

Jody

I would love to see what you guys have, so please post-away.

Great stuff Jody !

I will post a couple of mine later

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Very nice medal bars Jody , i am yet to get any of the polizei long service medals , but they look excellent.

Quote by Jody View Post
    I only collect the higher grade awards of Police medals on bars that have the eagle embroidered directly on the ribbon and not separately attached.
    This is actually an interesting matter, by the way. Let me quote from the final edition of Dr. Heinrich Doehle's period work "Die Auszeichnungen des Großdeutschen Reiches" (translation by me):

"If mounted on a medal bar, the service award ribbons with embroidered symbols (national insigne, Sig runes) presented the problem that the ribbon's slant caused the symbol to come into a sloping position as well, which was unacceptable. The retailers for decorations initially made do by affixing a separate piece of ribbon bearing the symbol. In order to prevent the resultant visual appearance of a botch job, the order chancellery ordered a 5-cm wide ribbon to be used for medal bar mounting, which runs vertically from top to bottom on the medal bar, with a vertical fold opening up at the bottom to be laid on either side of the embroidered symbol. The ribbon is split at the bottom and the ends are laid around the decoration from the right and the left. Through this, the same appearance as with other decorations is created and the sloping position of the embroidered symbol is prevented."

Anyway, those are some lovely medal bars!

all very nice examples.

Very nice medal bars.