Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting your collection or prized pieces.

Article about: That steely gaze is quite intimidating!

?

Default Re: Posting your collection or prized pieces.

That steely gaze is quite intimidating!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Posting your collection or prized pieces.
    P
    Many

I have a security cat that knows Kung Foo!

Posting your collection or prized pieces.

?

They won't get past this chap......
    Attached Images Attached Images Posting your collection or prized pieces. 

In all seriousness, there is pretty much no way someone would go through the trouble of scouring through this forum for information, just to burglarise (Did I write it right?) someones home. Apart from a few events in the past, this forum is trustworthy enough that everyone can share images of their collection.

I would have to respectfully disagree, there are not many depths the criminal mind will not stoop too.

I can imagine a well-heeled and unscrupulous collector contracting out for 'theft to order' on particular pieces if so desired.

Quote by Poromies View Post
    In all seriousness, there is pretty much no way someone would go through the trouble of scouring through this forum for information, just to burglarise (Did I write it right?) someones home. Apart from a few events in the past, this forum is trustworthy enough that everyone can share images of their collection.
    Unfortunately criminals will go to enormous trouble to get want they want! If something is worth £10-20,000 then a couple of days internet work to find the information they want is nothing. I do not want to scaremonger or get members not to post their items, but you just need to be wise as to what you write and the images you post, you'll be surprised at what a few comments about where and what you've been up to and some photos with certain items in the background can identify about a person and location.

I’ve been reading this thread with great interest .
    This is scary stuff.
    I know I haven’t got a expensive collection yet, But I would like to point out that I don’t tell many people in my local area the value of items I,ve got, in case the local rouges get wind of it. They can get a fix for as little as £10.
    I know its not the same as the above topic but its just another thought.
    Rod

?

Without making the thread into the work of the Hammer House of Horror meets Quentin Tarantino, it must be said that the chances of the worst case scenario happening is very slim but something to be aware of.
    There is no reason to stop posting your items or collection but I can understand the reasons behind some collectors being reluctant. The theft factor is one amongst a myriad of various reasons why some collectors choose not to advertise their collections.
    Please don't start sleeping with a gun under your pillow.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Without making the thread into the work of the Hammer House of Horror meets Quentin Tarantino, it must be said that the chances of the worst case scenario happening is very slim but something to be aware of.
    There is no reason to stop posting your items or collection but I can understand the reasons behind some collectors being reluctant. The theft factor is one amongst a myriad of various reasons why some collectors choose not to advertise their collections.
    Please don't start sleeping with a gun under your pillow.
    Why should we stop now

I am still debating weather to post my entire collection. I will post individuals when need be. I have no real high end items yet like a RK
    There is a trend in my familiy of getting robed each generation.

Maybe with Gold Club memebers there can be an exclusive thread on sharing a entire collection if chose to do so? Or certin amount of post required?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast