Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting your collection or prized pieces.

Article about: That steely gaze is quite intimidating!

Default Re: Posting your collection or prized pieces.

I never taught of it that way (and dont have much anyway) but its getting bad if we cant share our stuff on forums and takes a lot of the fun out of it. I understand and feel the anger but as the sarge in "Hill Street Blues" used to say "lets be careful out there folks" and specially us poor SOBs living in Canada with the bleeding hearth moronic laws we have up here...

On these happy toughts, good night folks!

JC
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-06-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Non relevant information removed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Posting your collection or prized pieces.
    P
    Many

I have hired a couple of sentries for my door

Natasha and Anya say hello !

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Posting your collection or prized pieces. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I think Mrs Nick will have more to say about Natasha and Anya than the extent of your collection Nick. They may have to have a secondry role of personal protection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

4md
    ?

great thread with a lot to ponder, I do not blame collectors with rare and expensive items not posting. I am amazed every day at the amount of scumbags out there, just today a 90 year old ww2 vet was robbed in his home by some loser posing as his carer.
    its a shame for the collecting community and honest collectors that these items cannot be posted, but its not just militaria, iv heard of guys who own rare cars who wont take them out to shows anymore for fear of being followed home and robbed. they get paranoid just going for a drive looking in the rear view mirror making sure no one is following them.
    I guess wherever there is money there is parasites ready to profit from someone elses hard work

regards Paul

?

As we seem to have digressed from discussing the pros and cons of posting your collection to tips on how to beat a murder charge, can we now go back to the original intention of the thread.
    I will let this run a little longer but if it strays from the intended subject of the topic again I will draw a discreet veil, or in this case a torn and bloodstained curtain over the issue.
    I will delete any non topic posts to keep it tidy.
    Have a laugh by all means but please don't go into details which may involve politics, law breaking and non relevant situations.

i have a little collection , so can not say much, but if i had a better collection i would love to show it in forum.i want others opinion e.t.c. dont believe there is big danger about it.

Adrian,You said what you had to say about safety in collecting.Just one thing would any of our members want to have a thief prehaps break in after a posting of our rare items while a loved one is home?I could tell you a story of a man who was sharing his collection with a surposed buyer on the internet and what happened to him!You just cautioned all of us to be careful and diligent!!

?

No-one wants a thief to break into their home. The subject of the thread is to discuss the reasons why some members choose not to post their high end items and why some do. Horror stories about scenarios about burglaries are not the topic here. The theft issue is but one reason amongst many and has been highlighted and discussed. I will not allow the thread to devolve into a 'who can tell the best story about a break in' nor a 'how to harm an intruder and get away with it' discussion. Those are not the issues here.
    Please discuss the subject of the thread.

I would get rid of this thread before the forum closes down due to us all being terrified of posting our items !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

To save the situation, this thread shall maybe in the near future if God lets us be about.... BOO.... PUPPIES!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast