Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question.

Article about: Hi All, just a question about decorations and badges regarding the die or stamps for making such items. Were these items saved and if so where did they end up at the end of the war, or did t

Rick
    ?

Default question.

Hi All, just a question about decorations and badges regarding the die or stamps for making such items.

Were these items saved and if so where did they end up at the end of the war, or did they sucumb to the de Nazification of Germany and got destroyed.

Regards

Rick.

2. # ADS

Default Re: question.

Hi Rick

Most got destroyed at the end of WWII. The most famous are the dies from the Juncker Knight Cross that got destroyed during an air raid. However there are still a lot of dies out there. If I remember correct Souval also used originals dies for it's reproductions after the war but the hardware was all wrong...

Greetz

Nick VR

Rick
    ?

Thanks Nick, i wondered if any survived to be used for repro's as i take it they could not be used for reissue for troops that had lost there original decorations.
    Which i believe is the the case for allied troops.

Regards

Rick.

Rick
    ?

I have just read that German decorations were indeed available a s re issue all be it with out the Swastika.

so much to learn.

Rumour is that some fakes today are from Original dies that ended up in the Soviet union. In the wrong hands. As i say it's a rumour,but feesable. Stewy S

Quote by Rick View Post
    I have just read that German decorations were indeed available a s re issue all be it with out the Swastika.

so much to learn.
    Hi Rick, indeed, these were 1957 reissues.

I only have one in my collection and are not something I would normally buy, but this was only £10 but bought many years ago now. It is a nice early example of a combined Pilot/Observers badge and the quality is very good. Make a mental note of the type of pin used. This is only used on 1957 reissues, but it is sometimes seen on fake Third Reich awards.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture question.   question.  

question.  

Rick
    ?

Thanks for the helpfull info, i was looking at a 57 wound badge it went for a little over £6.00 pin looked good to me, it was just something to start with, but i have got my eye on something original.

Thanks agiain Stewy & Ade.

Rick
    ?

Here is the Back of the one i missed out on.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images question. 

Hi Rick, that is typical 1957 pattern construction. Very different to a wartime badge. Again note the semi broad pin.

Cheers, Ade.

Hey Guys,

If i remember correctly, there was a fellow on the board some time last year who claimed he worked in or around original machines used to make these decorations. I believe he said they were sold to someone who intended on making reproductions. I'll try and find the thread.

Jess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast