Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RARE Genuine German WW2 Lorientschild.

Article about: This shield fits in with the other hard rare or fantasy shields such as the Stalingrad shield, Moscow shied, and all of the other 4th reich shields. I know this shield was listed as original

Default Re: RARE Genuine German WW2 Lorientschild.

This shield fits in with the other hard rare or fantasy shields such as the Stalingrad shield, Moscow shied, and all of the other 4th reich shields. I know this shield was listed as original, but theie are so may fake shields out ther it is better to stick with the known originals. Just look at all the aged fakes here German AWARDS, military, Cross, Orders, Medals, Badges, WW2 and WW1 militaria

Morris

- - Updated - -

This shield fits in with the other hard rare or fantasy shields such as the Stalingrad shield, Moscow shied, and all of the other 4th reich shields. I know this shield was listed as original, but their are so may fake shields out ther it is better to stick with the known originals. Just look at all the aged fakes here http://ww2army.com/german/shield1.php

Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RARE Genuine German WW2 Lorientschild.
    P
    Many

?

There is a fine line between a fantasy shield such as the Stalingrad or Moscow shield and the rare but real Lorient and Lappland shields.

The first two are a post war invention but the latter two were made and awarded. Finding the originals is the challenge and having the nerve to shell out a large amount of money for something which might or might not be real is something else.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Sad to say, i would also have to agree that this is not an original. I've seen several over the years and this shield bears only the vaguest resemblance to them if at all. Definitely something that i would pass on.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

[QUOTE=KMMorris;645576]This shield fits in with the other hard rare or fantasy shields such as the Stalingrad shield, Moscow shied, and all of the other 4th reich shields. I know this shield was listed as original, but theie are so may fake shields out ther it is better to stick with the known originals. Just look at all the aged fakes here German AWARDS, military, Cross, Orders, Medals, Badges, WW2 and WW1 militaria

Holy Crap! What is this site and who are the idiots buying this stuff!?!

Baffled Regards,
    Mike

"What is this site and who are the idiots buying this stuff!?!"

I think you pretty much answered your own question, Mike...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

yes people who go to buy militeria of sites like ioffer, quick buy and other poor sites are asking to get ripped off, and its hard to believe most of those fantasy items sold.
    Morris

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A poorly made copy lacking the correct detail found in an original.
    not to mention it was never a production piece and shouldn't have reverse prongs similar to other production shields.

William Kramer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2