Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...

Article about: by infantry177 I am most interested in SS/totenkopf type things so I think I shall start their. Maybe work my way up to getting an "honor ring" one day! SS items are the most faked

Default Re: Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...

Agreed - I'm with Stewy - not one is a genuine piece. I was thinking the
    WWI wound badge may have been the best of the lot as these
    are reasonably common, but it is also bad.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...
    P
    Many

The only reason I thought it might be legit is the certificate of closure, I will try to find someone around base with a scanner. My buddies wife has a nice camera I will ask her to take individual photos... also included were some documents and ID so those items made me feel comfortable but then again they can be faked too...

Award documents:

This is very troubling to me if indeed all fake...

The three L/W Panzer awards are fantasy IMO. If & that's a big "if" they were ever instituted they were so late in the war ,there's no way a 25,50 or 75 would be real. ASA "25" is based on an ordinary GWL ASA. I could continue,but there's not much point. It would take too long. You say they come from Poland? No suprise there then. Sorry for the bad news,maybe you can get a refund. Stewy

Fake docs too! Man you have been shafted! Even better pics/scans won't help. Get your money back A.S.A.P! Stewy

Thanks for your time Stewy... not the news I wanted to hear but better deal with reality now than later... thats what the Army has taught me. Very sad right now.

?

Thoes are fake two, the mutterkreuz has too light blue enamel and same goes to the NSDAP award. I feel sorry for you mate,
    Can you get your money back on these?

cheers,
    Pat

?

Quote by infantry177 View Post
    The only reason I thought it might be legit is the certificate of closure, I will try to find someone around base with a scanner. My buddies wife has a nice camera I will ask her to take individual photos... also included were some documents and ID so those items made me feel comfortable but then again they can be faked too...

Award documents:

This is very troubling to me if indeed all fake...
    Sorry mate , from the docs you have shown they all look to be fakes and not very good ones , the badges you have shown with the docs contain some high end pieces that are fakes also , either that or fantasy items !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

i would advise you to try to get all your money back asap they are all bad if you say they came with documents from a museum i would threaten the law if tehy don't respond as its a scam ........
    me being in forces as well understand exactly how you feel as i can bet you payed a lot and we both don't get payed enough

?

If you want to popst some of the docs individually i'll tell you why they are fakes but as Stewy says you need to get your money back , if these things were real you would have paid thousands of dollars out , i hope you haven't !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

At this point I see no need... everyone here has so much knowledge and time invested in learning this hobby that such unified condemnation must mean they are indeed fake and thus I am out a very large sum of monies... refund without legal action would be near impossible and I honestly do not have the money for an international lawsuit. Im headed back to Afghanistan in August I will just have to save my money while deployed and recouperate financially... thank you all for your time and expertise in this matter.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast