Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake?? Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer.

Article about: Hi, saw these and was wondering if they are real?? Regards, Steve

Default Real or Fake?? Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer.

Hi, saw these and was wondering if they are real??

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake?? Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-08-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake?? Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake?? Tank Destruction Badges

Hi Steve, no these are repro. Note the size of the tank. It is slightly too large and should not touch the black stripes.

Cheers, Ade.

As Ade stated,tanks are too big & the weave of the material's wrong sorry. Stewy S

?

Another easy tell on this is the gap between the turret gun mantlet and the body of the tank. Enclosed picture of my original one.

It is a great award with so much significance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake?? Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer.  

Quote by Tietze View Post

Also my idea.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Tietze View Post
    Another easy tell on this is the gap between the turret gun mantlet and the body of the tank. Enclosed picture of my original one.

Indeed,they must've been brave individuals that won this award. Let alone the gold version! Still once you've got your eye in,perhaps it's easier. Stewy S

pop401k
    ?

Hello all, I have a question about the tanks on the badges... were they all made of iron then plated? I've got what I think is an original but it's made of bronze I guess as there's some verdigris on it and does not hold a magnet.

It's currently listed on ebay as original, but if it isn't I want to make that clear to everyone. Thanks for the help!

?

?

The bottom one in post 7 has got a slight chance but would not be for me. The tank looks ok'ish but the proportion to the ribbon look wrong. How many prongs has it got? What is the size of the ribbon (compare to mine posted earlier).

There are others who know far more than I on these.

Cheers
    Tietze

pop401k
    ?

Thanks for the comments! I've adjusted the auction to reflect that it's a repop not original.

I do appreciate the help. I've had this for about 20 years now and thought sure it was original, but 3 different people (and yours was the kindest appraisal) agreed that it's not.

Regards,
    John C.