Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Recommended books for Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich

Article about: Hi everyone, as a newbie I would like to educate myself more on the medals and decorations, how to look after these treasures and how to identify fakes. Can anyone please suggest some good b

?

Default Recommended books for Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich

Hi everyone, as a newbie I would like to educate myself more on the medals and decorations, how to look after these treasures and how to identify fakes. Can anyone please suggest some good books for these purposes?

Cheers,
    Nico

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recommended books for Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Recommended books for Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich

There are 2 books that seems okay, Detecting the fakes - Robin Lumsden, and Collector's Guide to world war 2 German medals - Christopher Ailsby.
    or ?

Thx

Those books are ok but dated.

This site has some excellent magazines and books that are totally up to date

Ironcross 1939 - Home of B&D Publishing

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you Stickgrenade! I'm looking for a nice book with a nice variety of medals to start off with. The books from B&D does look excellent!

?

Nick is correct, the Detecting the Fakes book was a first in it's time but is now very very outdated. I still have my copy and enjoy picking it up from time to time but it has been superseded by some excellent new publications in recent years.
    The link Nick has provided is a good one, some great books to be found there. I would also recommend anything by Gordon Williamson. Robin Lumsden shouldn't be ignored either. He has written some very good reference books, mainly about the SS but good reading material.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Recommended books for Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich

This is my favorite. Others may agree or disagree, but I think the best way to see medals is how they were worn. This book also points out some fakes, shows some good original photos, and the quality of the publication is high.