Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Request for advice for new collection - Where do I start?

Article about: Hello there, In my opinion and within your budget you should start getting a well-rounded medal grouping together. This would be general awards of the Wehrmacht, i.e. Iron Cross 2nd class, W

Default Re: Request for advice for new collection - Where do I start?

Hello there,

In my opinion and within your budget you should start getting a well-rounded medal grouping together. This would be general awards of the Wehrmacht, i.e. Iron Cross 2nd class, West Wall, Russian Front medal, War Merit Cross with swords, etc.

You could also throw in some of the non-military related medals such as a reasonably priced annexation award (Czech annex or Austria)

In the end 5-6 awards should make a decent general display, and of course a DRL, SA sports award, NSDAP pin, General Assault badge or Wound Badge would also fit in nicely but it just depends if you are looking for medals, pins, or badges.

Furthermore, I would recommend buying from the collecting forums as you'll get the best bang for your buck, i.e. authentic items at not quite retail pricing. If you are going to purchase from a dealer make sure he's got a good background and approval of the forum as there are several that don't; with anything do your research and best of luck to you!

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all were only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows its not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

You can also check the Classifieds section of this forum. For example I have some awards for sell there. If Your budget is $200 I will start of EKII, Ostmedaille and KvK m. Schwerten. You can get all 3 awards for $200 or even a little bit under. Also black wound badge is pretty cheap. Infantry Sturm badge costs already a little bit more - $150 or so. Or if You are interested non-military awards, why not to buy all 3 Mutterkreuzes (bronze, silver and gold). You can get all 3 also for under $200 and I personally find Mutterkreuz is one of the most beautiful awards of the III Reich.

?

Thanks for the advice guys

I think I'll start with a nice Ostmedal. They are aesthetically very pleasing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12