Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?

Article about: Hey guys, i just purchased this medal and am still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I do not know a lot about foreign/Axis medals given to Germans. I have read that these were faked, bu

?

Default Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?

Hey guys, i just purchased this medal and am still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I do not know a lot about foreign/Axis medals given to Germans. I have read that these were faked, but the fakes did not have the "P Grant" maker mark underneath the woman's head ??? This medal has great patina and age to it, plus the maker mark, i am happy with it, i just hope i made a good decision,these are the pics from the seller, i will post my own upon it's arrival...wish me luck, lol ...thanks guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?   Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?

Looks honest to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

One of the most beautiful medals - Crucide against the Communism. It was awardes to many germans and is not a very rare piece. Your medal seems to be a nice original.

i believe it compares well to my two examples.

Cheers
    Dave

?

What base metal are these made from?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian,
    They are quite heavy so I would say an alloyed brass or similar.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

?

Thank you Dave.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

nice medal
    here you can read more about them http://www.antique-photos.com/en/awa...ism-medal.html

Excellent link,thanks for posting mate.
    Dave

?

Here are the updated pics, i would like a ribbon bar also, lol...... and possibly some Iron Guard items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?   Romanian Anti-Communist medal awrded to German soldiers...original?