Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen/pilots badges

Article about: Hey Everyone, I was just wondering what people's thoughts about the round Flugzeugführerabzeichen. Ive been reading up on them a bit. I find it hard to believe that they would be Jet fighter

Default Re: Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen/pilots badges

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1367.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	267266

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1360.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	267268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1359.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	264.3 KB 
ID:	267267

Hi Chaps, If I only upload a couple at a time it appears to work. So what do you think? All opinions welcome.

Regards

Bob

Jan
    ?

Personally I just think it looks very strange as a design.. It certainly shows alot of wear and tear but.. Let´s wait and see what the pros say

Cheers Jan

The Swaz & rivets worry me. I agree with Ade,a fantasy item. Stewy

Hi Stewy, interesting please can you explain a bit further, I have compared to Ailsby's book and it looks in proportion. Hes refers to it as 1935-36 pattern, but nobody appears to have any idea for sure or have never even seen one. Cheers bob

Hi Bob, I would not rely on that author for accurate info.........

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by INDIAN340B View Post
    Hi Stewy, interesting please can you explain a bit further, I have compared to Ailsby's book and it looks in proportion. Hes refers to it as 1935-36 pattern, but nobody appears to have any idea for sure or have never even seen one. Cheers bob
    Mr Ailsby's not everyones favourite (do a search if you wanna know more). The hinge is suspect & why would Juncker use a "sheperds crook" hinge on these & none of their other awards. Stewy

Thanks for that Ade, I must admit I do take what most books say as a guide, better to talk it out from lots of peoples opinions and make your own mind up. I have seen these badges for stupid money on the US of A web sites. Might still make the guy an offer as a interesting gap filler to the collection, there are also a couple of Air Gunner/Radio op and a Luftwaffe Flak Badge in the deal. Bob

?

Bob, welcome to the forum and for posting such an interesting and controversial badge. I guess an original, period photo of one of these badges in wear or any sort of document confirming their existance would help greatly but I can't foresee it being forthcoming anytime soon........
    I have to agree with those before me about it being a fantasy/fake item. That eagle is unlike any product from Juncker that I'm aware of and lacks the usual quality we normally see from this maker.
    If you do decide to get it as a filler, please make sure you pay only what it is worth to you as a fantasy item.
    The Gentlemen above are correct when it comes to Ailsby too, not a good source to refer to when talking about original TR items.

Hi Bob

The round wreath Pilot Badge has been discussed for years and there are probably enough threads (on various forums) concerning this badge to fill a book. Some people beleive them to be rare early prototypes that were never placed in production: not likely considering how many are floating around using all types of early to late looking components (I'm talking only about the eagles here: the wreath doesnt seem to match anything else that I have seen elsewhere on original badges). Others consider them to be rare "Jet fighter pilot" badges: also not very likely since surviving vets claim to have never seen or heard of this badge. Others, still, claim that it was a late war attempt to recognize women pilots with an award of their own...Yeah right! As if they had nothing better to worry about and besides here again the variety of components used including early/pre-war (J1) and mid war (J2) style eagles as well as J3 (not to mention other eagles) doesnt support that either. No period documentation or pictures. Most consider (including myself) them as total fantasy pieces; the most indulgent ones as possible post war souvenirs for the "occupying tourist" trade.

Your specimen looks better made and with a more credible finish than a lot I have seen but still, just on "face value" and without even referring to its rather dubious pedigree you have what appears to be (from the picts) a FLL looking eagle (definitely not a J1, J2 or J3 eagle) with a "CE Juncker Berlin SW" mark on the back which should in itself be enough of a red flag to even keep the most convinced "round pilot" supporters far away from this puppy.

Regards

JC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast