Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA sport badge bad or good?

Article about: Hello, I´d like to know your opinion on this badge. Do you think that letters on reverse are too soft? Thanks for help, regards Pepek

?

Default SA sport badge bad or good?

Hello,
    I´d like to know your opinion on this badge. Do you think that letters on reverse are too soft? Thanks for help, regards Pepek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA sport badge bad or good?   SA sport badge bad or good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA sport badge bad or good?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SA sport badge bad or good?

looks good!

Hey Pepe,

Not a pro, but the bronze SA doesn't look good to me. The hardware is incorrect, wrong pin, and this looks painted. Real badges were plated. I believe in all cases actually. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

Jess

Yes, the finish on the medal looks to be painted. I don't have a good feeling about the Badge. I have been hunting for a good example for my own collection and not one that i have inspected have the painted look finish.

rgrd's, Ty

Pepe77

Could you post more detailed pictures of this badge? Pictures from the rim, catch, hinge, inscriptions, ... ? Did you use a scanner to make these pictures?

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Guys, I am respectfully going to correct you here. I think the photos are not helping with regards to the look of the finish. The last pic, I feel, gives a more true image.

The flat pin and hardwear is conventional. Nothing wrong with it.

I would say it is "OK" but better pics like Nick says, would certainly help.

I will try and show two of mine later but I need to take some pics.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you guys for your advices, unfortunately I have no more or better pics cause this badge is offered on the auction site. Now I´m bit confused Never mind I let it go.. Pepek

Pepe77

The pictures you showed are IMO made by a scanner. Wich causes a strange light effect. The first two members thought this badge was badly painted, but IMO this is the light effect of the scanner. You can see this effect clearly on the first two pictures. The third picture gives a better idea of how this badge really looks like.

Based on the third picture I would say this badge looks 'ok'. But if you really want to be sure you will have to ask the seller for better pictures...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Guys, here are my two badges as promised.

Both are made of steel and are obviously magnetic Pin and clip is in tombak. (Now look now at the badge first posted in this thread. Observe how the finish is wearing away on the clip showing the base metal which is the correct tombak )

OK, here is the first issue bronze badge but the finsh is worn on the front. It is issue serial numbered.

Maker is Berg & Nolte AG Ludenscheid.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA sport badge bad or good?   SA sport badge bad or good?  

Second issue bronze badge. Maker is W. Redo of Saar-Lautern.

Please read up about the history of these badges and how they were first issued to the SA only then later extended to bronze, silver & gold and opened up to all Germans. Note how the property marking on the reverse is different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast