Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)

Article about: Goodafternoon guys, Yesterday I have received my first SA sportabzeichen in bronze. Having it in hand made me realise I really like this award and will probably be looking for more. But as y

?

Default SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)

Goodafternoon guys,

Yesterday I have received my first SA sportabzeichen in bronze. Having it in hand made me realise I really like this award and will probably be looking for more.
    But as you can see there are a couple of spots of I think rust. It looks to be superficial (if that's the correct word). Should I do anything about the rust or just leave it as it is.

I hope the photo's with my phone are any good.
    Enjoy!

Regards, Rik

P.s. I couldn't get that one photo the right side up, sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)   SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)  

SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)
    P
    Many

They are quite smart awards Rik,
    I think off the top of my head there are 4 variants? and several makers. Somebody who knows will clarify.

As long as you keep the badge in a controlled environment it shouldn't deteriorate any more.

I wouldn't bother de rusting it.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Thank you for your reply Doug. And I think this is a third pattern SA sportabzeichen. I need to look up the thread where all the patterns are being explained.

I believe this is a steel version, hence the rust developing on the obverse.
    I would agree with Doug, keep it in a stable environment and it should not get any worse.
    Congrats on adding your first!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I think post 15 has the greatest details

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...99/#post220407
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes, that's the thread I was looking for. Thank you MAP! Now I know it's type 1 of the SA Wehrabzeichen.

Well done on getting the first of many! They are fine looking awards, I love the silver grade ones personally and when I see a super one of those I will go for it! I do have one that is either a gold grade or a tarnished silver, but I cannot tell for sure which it is as the colour is even all over, but I feel that it is a silver on balance. Here it is for a comparison. Leon.SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)SA Sportabzeichen in bronze by W. Redo (my first)