Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Sports Badge: Fake ?

Article about: Hello, another one of my suspect badges. As a novice at this I can only go by instinct and photo's in reference books. Any information you can provide will help me identify the fakes in the

?

Default SA Sports Badge: Fake ?

Hello, another one of my suspect badges. As a novice at this I can only go by instinct and photo's in reference books. Any information you can provide will help me identify the fakes in the future. At the rate I'm going I don't think I own anything authentic. Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sports Badge: Fake ?   SA Sports Badge: Fake ?  

SA Sports Badge: Fake ?   SA Sports Badge: Fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sports Badge: Fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Sports Badge: Fake ?

Hi Aldo, this is the War Wounded version of the SA sports badge and this is not a common award.

Sorry, but it is a fake. Yours lacks the RZM makers marks found on any original. A typical mark would be RZM M1/100.

Starting out on a forum can be a tough thing for many new (or even more seasoned collectors) after posting items only to find out they are bad. Don't loose heart. It is better to find out now.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Ade, thanks for taking the time to look at my post. I agree it is better to know. I'm 2 for 2 with fakes. I'll keep trying until I get one right.
    Cheers, Aldo

?

Howdy Aldo;
    Don't worry friend all of us have been conned at one time or another. For beginners you have the good fortune to float items across the net for comment. I wish I would have had a venue like this to rely on in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Heck even today it is a wonderful thing to be able to talk with fellow collectors and learn. You will start finding good stuff and build your collection to suit your wants. Hang in there pal.
    Steve

?

Hey Steve, thanks for the encouraging words. I have an extensive collection already but I fear many are fakes. I'll keep posting pics and taking notes. There seems to be a knowledgable group of collectors on this forum. I welcome all input good or bad. thanks, Al

Hi guys,any points to look for when trying to spot fake S.A. bronze sports badges.
    Regards Brookes.

The price

sometimes that's the give-away. But knowing what "real ones" look like and learning from books and pictures helps. And a good eye, and nose , of course the best way is to post a picture on the forum. There will always be someone to help, if Ade don't get there first!

Thanks for that information,see if i can get some pics sorted.

Regards Brookes.

Brookes, you wouldnt go far wrong asking someone like John (3rdreichburiedtreasures.com) who replied to you earlier to get you a genuine badge. At least you know where it comes from
    Dan

?

I found this Badge on a website from a local dealer. It doesn't look like the examples in photo's I've seen. I thought maybe this is a variation. It's described as original era manufacture which makes me suspicious. I wanted to replace the one debunked by you knowledgable fellows. Opinions ?
    By the way this forum stuff is addictive. I've managed to accomplish nothing today
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Sports Badge: Fake ?  SA Sports Badge: Fake ? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast