Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?

Article about: I would appreciate all comments and opinions on whether this is a good badge or not. Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback. Ed

ETF
    ?

Default SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?

I would appreciate all comments and opinions on whether this is a good badge or not.
    Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback.
    Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?   SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?  

SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?   SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?  

SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sports Badge War Wounded - Is this a good badge?
    P
    Many

Hi ETF, you have posted this very badge before and Bob Coleman informed you that it was a good one , why are you concerned about it so much to repost it for opinions? It looks ok to me too but if you have any suspicions as to why it may be fake could you please share them. All the best , Leon.

Hi, Identical to mine and looks spot on, at least to me.

ETF
    ?

Hi Leon,
    Yes, I did post this awhile back and Bob gave me a favorable opinion on the badge. First, I want to say that I respect Bob's opinion 100% and I hope I do not offend him by re-posting as he has helped me out tremendously on the forum.

I posted this again as I came across the same maker M1/52 as this badge (M1/52) but the other badge had the "coke bottle" shaped pin. I was considering selling this badge and I wanted to post it again as some potential buyers are sometimes suspect of an item. So I posted it for re-validation. But it appears you and MR also believe it is a good badge as well.

My only concern is the pin. Did this maker use two different styles of pin on this same badge?

P.S.
    Bob, if I offended you...I apologize as it certainly was not my intention. In retrospect, I just should have asked if this maker used more than one pin type.

Ed
    Last edited by ETF; 05-03-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Hi ETF , thanks for your thoughts, personally I don't think I have seen one of these with a coke bottle pin. That does not mean that they were not used by this maker on these awards but I would be inclined to think along the lines that yours is 100% correct and the other badge may or may not be ok. Without seeing it we really can not tell ,but once again ,yours is a good badge. Leon.

I believe M1/52 should have a half round pin and M1/100 should have a flat pin.

ETF
    ?

Thank you Leon and Glenn. I appreciate your feedback.
    Ed