Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931

Article about: Hi Guys, this badge started life as a humble "tinnie" but as this SA rally was a big sucess for the Nazi's before they came to power in 1933, it was later given a special status. T

Default SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931

Hi Guys, this badge started life as a humble "tinnie" but as this SA rally was a big sucess for the Nazi's before they came to power in 1933, it was later given a special status. The badge was raised to that of a Party decoration.

Early badges sold at the rally were hollow back.

This example from my collection is a later badge made of zinc. Maker marked RZM M1/35. (Wachtler & Lange, Mittweida.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931   SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931

Hi ade,just had to bring this back up maybe you could put the two post together as to show the difference.?realy nice ade ,love your badge and the history of it is great!!

very nice badge Ade,,,missed my chance to get one several years ago,,,boo hoo...

Thanks Guys. I bought this one a good 30 odd years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.

To go along with Adrian's fine example, is my 1st type badge. The only 1st types that are sure to be of the period are the badges with impressed lettering.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 

I guess that I should also post me 2nd type badge here as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931   SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931  

?

Quote by Erich S View Post
    To go along with Adrian's fine example, is my 1st type badge. The only 1st types that are sure to be of the period are the badges with impressed lettering.
    It's a fine badge Erich and not often seen. Any chance of a pic of the back please?

The lettering on the second type seems different from Ade's badge, I guess this is down to being from different makers? Do you know how many makers of this award there were??

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

interesting.
    chris

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's a fine badge Erich and not often seen. Any chance of a pic of the back please?

The lettering on the second type seems different from Ade's badge, I guess this is down to being from different makers? Do you know how many makers of this award there were??
    Hi Adrian , here is my 1st type , the pin has at some time been re-soldered but it is the original. Leon.