Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Scarce stamped gold badge

Article about: Hi,is this a stamped gold wound badge? And what is it worth?thanks

?

Default Scarce stamped gold badge

Hi,is this a stamped gold wound badge? And what is it worth?thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce stamped gold badge   Scarce stamped gold badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scarce stamped gold badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Scarce stamped gold badge

Hi Pammy, I'm fairly certain this is a black wound badge with the paint rubbed off. If you look under the hinge and the catch, you can see remnants of black paint.

I believe it is a myth that gold wound badges were issued with a hollow back. Most likely started by someone trying to sell black badges at the price of gold.

Some however still believe these were issued in the field if gold badges were unavailable or later in the war when materials were scarce.

?

Thank you as i was not sure it was being offered as a scarce gold badge.$100 maybe i will hold off? The dealer says its 100% original but i thought there was black around there also.i e-mailed and asked if its garenteed.i will wait to see.thanks again

?

At $100, that's very high for a mucked about black wound badge. In this condition, unless it's cheap ($15), I would pass. You can get mint examples that are maker marked for under $100.

?

Thanks eric,as if it were gold i thought $100 was a good deal .? But know i realy have to realy think abought that.! Thanks so much and take care.

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    At $100, that's very high for a mucked about black wound badge. In this condition, unless it's cheap ($15), I would pass. You can get mint examples that are maker marked for under $100.
    I agree with Eric, save your money and buy a mint black badge for a fraction of the price. Remember, gold and silver wound badges were never hollow backed like the black version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....