Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schnellboot, 1. Form

Article about: Hello Gents, Please, give your opinions on this badge that has been offered me at flea market today. The price is too high - 1250 E, nevertheless the cost has been set according to the catal

Asp
    ?

Default Schnellboot, 1. Form

Hello Gents,

Please, give your opinions on this badge that has been offered me at flea market today. The price is too high - 1250 E, nevertheless the cost has been set according to the catalog by Lothar Bichlmaier that I've showed for the seller, damn it , otherwise I would haggled for lower price. He showed me old german catalog where the price is 1600 DM.
    In my opinion the badge looks genuine, nevertheless I'm not ready to spend such amount of money. At the same time I don't believe that he is able to sell the badge for such price at flea market.
    The pics I did there are below.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Schnellboot, 1. FormSchnellboot, 1. Form
    Schnellboot, 1. Form

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellboot, 1. Form
    P
    Many

These have always been rare and expensive.

Not a badge I have had much experience with, but I think it is good too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Alex,

Yes indeed a genuine Schwerin S-Boat badge and unfortunately they are indeed awfully expensive. Although not common, in my opinion the market value is also based upon that intangible quality called "desirability".

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Looks very nice this badge.I am not the big Kriegsmarine collector,but on this badge is all speaking "Schwerin" compared with other badges out of the house"Schwerin" what i know about this badges.

And a cool Militaria from Norm is always a good sign i think.

Asp
    ?

Quote by Norm F View Post
    Although not common, in my opinion the market value is also based upon that intangible quality called "desirability".
    Thank, Norm. Hopefully, next week the seller will be more compliant.

Cheers,
    Alex

Hi , this is a very nice example of a 1st pattern badge , I too agree with you that the price is a bit strong though , these do turn up from time to time so maybe you could wait for one at better value or just say "what the hell" and buy it!! Leon.

its a nice one Alex.

I don't know how Europe is, but in the US people don't go to flea markets to pay top dollar for items. I'd be interested to see what he says next week.

Asp
    ?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I don't know how Europe is, but in the US people don't go to flea markets to pay top dollar for items. I'd be interested to see what he says next week.
    Todd, quite right. As a rule, there sellers are looking for idiots who don't know real price, at the same time customers (like me ) are looking for sellers who don't undestand a worth of their goods.

Cheers,
    Alex