Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen by Adolf Scholze

Article about: Gents, Here is my latest pickup - Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen made by Adolf Scholze. The AS in triangle is thought to be attributed to Adolf Scholze, Grünwald but there is no firm proof. Thi

Default Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen by Adolf Scholze

Gents,

Here is my latest pickup - Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen made by Adolf Scholze. The AS in triangle is thought to be attributed to Adolf Scholze, Grünwald but there is no firm proof.
    This is a zinc badge, but received a gold undercoat before the final gilder finish + silver, and black on the reverse.
    These badges can often be found in good condition as opposed to other zinc badges.
    The reverse pin is steel and the hinge is tombak.

This now completes my Kriegsmarine badges. There are a few more such as the u-boat front clasp - but they're not on my radar at the moment.
    I wanted to complete the core x8 badges which i have achieved. I will create a separate post of them all together soon.

Click on any of the pictures to enlarge.

All comments appreciated.

Many thanks
    Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen by Adolf Scholze
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Can't upgrade this one Nick. A beauty anyway you look at it.

Now you need to provide us with a shot of the whole group.

What's next now that you have checked this box off? Getting all the Luft awards? All the Heer? Or better yet...all the EK's up to the KC with Oaks swords and diamonds? LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice indeed. Well done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Michael - it is a nice one for sure.
    I will do a group photo. I am also going to frame them and add the cap tally that David sent me. When i've done that i'll take some photos and create a post.

Next up is Hans-Ulrich Rudels Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds

Well, i have wanted for a long time to get some Heer awards so this will happen fairly soon.
    I may consider upgrading my Auxiliary Cruiser badge - if i can get a really nice replacement at a good price.
    Also some small items - Binoculars, photos etc...

Also the polizei and luftwaffe helmets i've been after. I need to save for them now though.

Nick

It's a fine example Nick. Hardly looks zinc....the quality & condition are superior !!
    D.

One of my favorite Kreigsmarine badges..

A wonderful looking example.. Nice to know that these are still out there...

I am quite fond of PT boats and other craft in this category..

Smitty

Quote by real steel View Post
    It's a fine example Nick. Hardly looks zinc....the quality & condition are superior !!
    D.
    Thanks David. I did not want to pay crazy money for a mint 1st pattern tombak. But i did want one in good condition, which i feel i have achieved.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice indeed. Well done.
    Thanks Adrian. When you get something like this in the post it makes for a very nice day

Nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Thanks Michael - it is a nice one for sure.
    I will do a group photo. I am also going to frame them and add the cap tally that David sent me. When i've done that i'll take some photos and create a post.

Next up is Hans-Ulrich Rudels Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds

Well, i have wanted for a long time to get some Heer awards so this will happen fairly soon.
    I may consider upgrading my Auxiliary Cruiser badge - if i can get a really nice replacement at a good price.
    Also some small items - Binoculars, photos etc...

Also the polizei and luftwaffe helmets i've been after. I need to save for them now though.

Nick
    Lots of "also's" in there

You will be busy for a long time
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Now that is a real Corker! A beautiful badge ,congrats on this find regards, Paul

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    One of my favorite Kreigsmarine badges..

A wonderful looking example.. Nice to know that these are still out there...

I am quite fond of PT boats and other craft in this category..

Smitty
    thanks Smitty

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Now that is a real Corker! A beautiful badge ,congrats on this find regards, Paul
    Cheers Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast