Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen: Real or Fake?

Article about: Comments on this badge please, I am not a badge collector so I hope I have posted this in the correct section. z4.

Default Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen: Real or Fake?

Comments on this badge please, I am not a badge collector so I hope I have posted this in the correct section.

z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panorama2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	630764  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

A well know fake.

This type of badge has been dicussed before on other forums.In fact, am i correct in saying that this particular badge is also being dicussed at WAF right now ?

These badges are normally very heavy,weighing in at about 45.gms.The average tombak Schwerin 1st pattern was about 32.4 gms.

Not much i can add without posting direct links to other forums,but again as a newcomer here i am not sure of this forums policies in regards to adding links from other fora ?

All in all,a bad one IMO.

Regards,Martin.
    Last edited by martinw; 01-19-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Thanks for the info Martin.

Hi Z4 , all I will add is that in my main area of interest , helmets(although I do collect badges) I would be looking at this and also feel it were a fake. The reason being that the reverse shows signs of artificial wear such as the sanding/rubbing down marks and yet the obverse is immaculate! On a helmet it would suggest artificial aging on a modern re-paint and I would apply these same thoughts to badges! Also I will add that even though Martin has only been on this forum a short while he is a very knowledgeable gentlemen on Kriegsmarine badges so you can trust his opinion 100%!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Leon, thanks for your input.

z4