Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: Bear in mind this is a zinc badge as can be identified by the plate under the catch. Zinc Schwerin badges don't hold their finish very well and yet here we have a zinc badge with an exceptio

?

Default Re: Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Bear in mind this is a zinc badge as can be identified by the plate under the catch. Zinc Schwerin badges don't hold their finish very well and yet here we have a zinc badge with an exceptional finish. The waves should be a grey colour.
    The pin and hinge are magnetic.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

It was clear for me,that it is a zinc badge and it was only my opinion.I am not a expert of minesweeper badges.

Regards

?

Sorry Joachim, my post was not directed at you or at your response, just put out there just as general information about the badge.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Sorry Joachim, my post was not directed at you or at your response, just put out there just as general information about the badge.
    I had wrote the last comment at this tread.So i mean,it belongs to me.My last reason was,the badge to make bad!I hope i will not get paranoid in future with our hobby.

But in the last time,i hold a few very good copys and massed pieces in my hand.A few months ago,i got a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen from Juncker.I post some pictures of it.It is a original badge,but what is not textbook guys????

Regards
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.   Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  

Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.   Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  

Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.   Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  

?

My very basic knowledge of Luftwaffe badges will show here! I'll go for replaced swastika?

As far as the minesweeper goes, oddly enough, I have, though, seen period examples where the owner took the unusual step of refinishing certain Parts of their KM badges. For example, one I remember, was a Auxiliary Cruiser badge where the owner had highlighted the ship itself but not the globe with a brighter silver coating. Apparently, he must have felt it looked better that way or something. Not enough to get himself hollered at by his superiors, but enough to satisfy himself, I guess!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My very basic knowledge of Luftwaffe badges will show here! I'll go for replaced swastika?
    That's right.The swas is replaced.But there are more things,that are not textbook.....

Any other opinions guys?

?

The eagle is not a Juncker eagle.............?

The eagle is not a Juncker eagle.............?
    The eagle is a Juncker eagle.But the eagle is re-finished.The rivets are not the original Juncker rivets,so re-riveted.The catch is also re-placed.

The badge is complete re-worked.Well made,but not a badge that i would have in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwerin Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  

?

I did wonder about the marks on the back of the eagle but thought it was heat transfer from how the swastika was re-attached.
    Very informative though, thank you for taking the time to point these things out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2