Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Second Item -Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Article about: Hi again this is the second medal I bought. would like to knwo if real, and also anymore info on who received this and why thanks much!

Default Second Item -Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Hi again

this is the second medal I bought. would like to knwo if real, and also anymore info on who received this and why

thanks much!

ack, sorry i do not know why they were turned
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-12-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second Item -Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)
    P
    Many

Looks good although I can't see too well on my phone atm. Has alot of the original silver left so it's in good condition. As others will say, it's better to post before buying but I think it's good this time. You can't know who it was issued to unfortunately but it was issued for 3 weeks service at the Russian front I believe or if they were injured at the Russian front. The ribbon looks like a replacement.

Thanks much Speedfast2018!

true to my usual luck, i went and bought a few items before finding this amazing site lol. i havent purchased much so i will not buy anything till i run stuff by here, and also as i learn.

thanks much for helping me, so glad it could be real!

and the info on why and who would have gotten these!

Please read this thread concerning posting in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph

very sorry about thatI have tried reading thru all the how to's etc and missed this one. I will do that from here on out! thanks for the tip!

TWS
    ?

The "frozen meat medal" or "frozen flesh medal" as the German Landsers referred to it, was issued for serving in Russia during the first winter in 1941/42.

You appear to have an original example there.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Looks good to me as well and in good condition. The ribbon looks like it could be original as it looks like it has the correct Warp and weft in these pictures. I may be wrong though and will bow to those with more knowledge on ribbons.

Wilko

Looks like a good original Winterschlacht im Osten medal. You might the vendor if the suspension ring has a number stamped into it, they do sometimes.