Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Seekampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe?

Article about: by Watchdog Yep, that's what it is but as for originality I wouldn't get excited about it. As far as I am aware the award was instituted in 1944 but never actually granted so only prototypes

Default Seekampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe?

Seekampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe?
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-02-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seekampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe?
    P
    Many

Luftwaffe Sea battle badge. For luftwaffe supply ship crews. Can't help with authenticity though sorry

Quote by NineLives View Post
    Luftwaffe Sea battle badge. For luftwaffe supply ship crews. Can't help with authenticity though sorry
    Yep, that's what it is but as for originality I wouldn't get excited about it.

As far as I am aware the award was instituted in 1944 but never actually granted so only prototypes would exist. There is however, a 1957 version which in the case of early examples is as rare as hens teeth. Technically, I suppose the '57 exists because the makers produced all awards stipulated by the '57 legislation but in the case of this award nobody would have the right to wear it.

As for TR examples, well "you do the math" as my US friends are inclined to say!! There are a great many fakes of varying quality often sold as "ultra rare" so this really is a case of "Caveat Emptor".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep, that's what it is but as for originality I wouldn't get excited about it.

As far as I am aware the award was instituted in 1944 but never actually granted so only prototypes would exist. There is however, a 1957 version which in the case of early examples is as rare as hens teeth. Technically, I suppose the '57 exists because the makers produced all awards stipulated by the '57 legislation but in the case of this award nobody would have the right to wear it.

As for TR examples, well "you do the math" as my US friends are inclined to say!! There are a great many fakes of varying quality often sold as "ultra rare" so this really is a case of "Caveat Emptor".

Regards

Mark
    Thanks for the infomation so i think this is a replica then has the real one was not exist?

a back and front view is best for badges.

?

Wrong type of eagle/swas. The authorised design for this badge, as illustrated in the original Luftwaffe Verordnungsblatt, (see attached) used a larger eagle ( as on the Luft Flak Badge).
    The better quality copies of this tend to be very early 57ers which have been "re-Nazified" but by the addition of the wrong (ground combat badge type) eagle.
    Shown here is a postwar copy of accurate design ( at least I assume it to be a copy as the likelihood of an original turning up are just about zero) .
    Attached Images Attached Images Seekampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe?  Seekampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe?