Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?

Article about: I have been offered this glider badge, but believe it to be a cast fake. The filled in swastika and back detail look pretty poor. The pin set up also looks poor. Any thoughts please?

?

Default Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?

I have been offered this glider badge, but believe it to be a cast fake. The filled in swastika and back detail look pretty poor. The pin set up also looks poor. Any thoughts please?Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?
    P
    Many

Hi Al, I really could not say 100% from these blurry images but if those are the best the seller can give you that would be enough for me to walk away. The reverse as you quite rightly say has a very un-even surface but I cannot tell if it is pitting from casting or lifting of the silver from the zinc base? The catch looks like it may be an S&L one but again, i could not be sure from these pictures. On balance though I would leave it with the information provided. Leon.

?

Thanks Leon, from reading I believe Junker and B?? were the only 2 makers of this award, and the catch doesn't match Junker. I will see if he can get some clearer pics. I know that zinc awards can get pretty furry with oxidation if not looked after.

Quote by alikat View Post
    Thanks Leon, from reading I believe Junker and B?? were the only 2 makers of this award, and the catch doesn't match Junker. I will see if he can get some clearer pics. I know that zinc awards can get pretty furry with oxidation if not looked after.
    Hi Al,

Don't bother mate, even from these poor photo's it can be seen to be a bad one. It matches neither Juncker, BSW, Assmann or any of the private purchase ones that are known. If you're selling a 2 grand plus badge, you take half decent photo's, let it go.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Whilst to the real experts here this badge might be an obvious fake but why anyone expects to get an opinion from such poor pictures is beyond me and does not aid those searching for a good one. If all the seller can give you is images such as this just walk away and don't bother wasting your time on it. I assume it was priced to sell and to fool the unwary.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

terrible pics.

?

This is a better set of pics of a different award, but same layout. Does it have any chances of being original? Oakleaves look a little soft to me.

Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?

Quote by alikat View Post
    This is a better set of pics of a different award, but same layout. Does it have any chances of being original? Oakleaves look a little soft to me.

Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen?
    That's an S&L made badge. It is generally thought that these were post war made but actual proof is somewhat lacking. These particular badges can be a nightmare and rank alongside the Balloon badge arguments that die down and then blow back up again (if you'll excuse the pun).

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned. Price is $169 - is it worth the risk?

Post war S&L for me too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast