Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shields from Craigslsit

Article about: by Adrian Shields to one side for a moment, is Craigslist a good source for militaria? Do any members here buy regularly and if so, what's your experience of the site? Is there alot of genui

?

Default Shields from Craigslsit

I see these two for sale, pictures are too small and I know too little to buy them.
    edit, trying to get front pic loaded
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Shields from Craigslsit

As you say, the pics are too small. Too small to be able to give any form of judgement on them.

?

Shields to one side for a moment, is Craigslist a good source for militaria? Do any members here buy regularly and if so, what's your experience of the site? Is there alot of genuine militaria for sale or is it a case of digging through the rubbish in the hope of finding a hidden gem?

Craigslist(which Ive never purchased anything from) may well be a possible source for "woodwork discovery" pieces, but it also teems with seemingly endless scammers and fraudulent trash as well. I would say, conservatively, that for every Genuine piece sold on Craigslist, there are 99 Fake ones being offered. Having said that, it might Still be a better hope than eBay....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I believe craigslist is a good source of militaria. I often buy regularly and get good deals and authentic pieces. Some of the items are fake and some are good.

I too have had some really great experiences with Craigslist. This may sound bad but I keep an eye out for people who don't know what they have. I never pay for anything sight-unseen. I meet up with the seller and if I don't like what I see, I don't buy it or I lowball the price big time. I'd rather lose $5 in gas money than $150 on a fake.

If the listing says "Authentic SA Sports Armband", I know it's either more than I'm willing to spend or a fake. Two weeks ago, some girl had a gallon size bag of subdued patches and I offered her $50 and she took it. I took out about 30 of them and traded for a really nice NSKB Armband and sold the other 130 patches for $150.

Last week, someone had a 1st Class War Merit Cross (w/ swords) with original issue case and I paid $75 and she was thrilled. Also recently purchased a 100.170 Kreigs flag via Craigslist. It's definitely a matter of sorting through a lot of garbage to find the gems, but I can vouch for the fact that I have invested a few hundred cash and been very profitable thus far.

I have also made lots of money from craigslist. There are so many good deals that I have had to pass some up at times. I use the craigslist app on my iPhone so I can look at multiple cities at the same time. I think craigslist is the best place to get deals on military items. Many items I have bought there have come right from the vets family.

?

Craigslist is good in certain locations. When I lived in MA, there were good deals for authentic militaria. But when i moved here to VA, there seems to be KVK's + Ike Jackets on there for $500. There isnt enough militaria on there to sift through the junk to find a gem IMO. (unless you search a bunch of cities/towns away). But alot of people wont ship items. Once in a great while there will be a decent German item (helmet/etc). But if you like US stuff, then you might find it a good place.
    These are just my experiences with it.....just alot of common items, some for ridiculous prices. But like anywhere....there will always be someone who finds a gem

I run ads on there frequently and have got some cool US items with stories....but thats about it. Theres too many other people who also run ads. I personalize my ads, and tell people that I dont just turn around and sell the items for a profit like all the others, and people seemed to like that.

Craigslist hasn't produce anything for me. I did find an NVA greatcoat with the cuff title Grenzschutztruppe DDR. The guy wants $300, which seems to me high for such a coat. But then I don't collect DDR stuff. Very slim pickings here.

Craigslist can produce a lot of very good deals, and it has for me in the past. You do have to do a lot of digging, though. There are fakes and scammers aplenty.

From Craiglist, I have made purchases like a Minesweeper badge for $75, a Luftwaffe overseas cap for, I think, $150, a complete front seam, swivel bale M1 with a matching liner for $75, a German helmet for $150, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast