MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shields from Craigslsit

Article about: by Adrian Shields to one side for a moment, is Craigslist a good source for militaria? Do any members here buy regularly and if so, what's your experience of the site? Is there alot of genui

?

Default Shields from Craigslsit

I see these two for sale, pictures are too small and I know too little to buy them.
    edit, trying to get front pic loaded
    Attached Images Attached Images Shields from Craigslsit  Shields from Craigslsit 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shields from Craigslsit
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Shields from Craigslsit

As you say, the pics are too small. Too small to be able to give any form of judgement on them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Shields to one side for a moment, is Craigslist a good source for militaria? Do any members here buy regularly and if so, what's your experience of the site? Is there alot of genuine militaria for sale or is it a case of digging through the rubbish in the hope of finding a hidden gem?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Craigslist(which Ive never purchased anything from) may well be a possible source for "woodwork discovery" pieces, but it also teems with seemingly endless scammers and fraudulent trash as well. I would say, conservatively, that for every Genuine piece sold on Craigslist, there are 99 Fake ones being offered. Having said that, it might Still be a better hope than eBay....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I believe craigslist is a good source of militaria. I often buy regularly and get good deals and authentic pieces. Some of the items are fake and some are good.

I too have had some really great experiences with Craigslist. This may sound bad but I keep an eye out for people who don't know what they have. I never pay for anything sight-unseen. I meet up with the seller and if I don't like what I see, I don't buy it or I lowball the price big time. I'd rather lose $5 in gas money than $150 on a fake.

If the listing says "Authentic SA Sports Armband", I know it's either more than I'm willing to spend or a fake. Two weeks ago, some girl had a gallon size bag of subdued patches and I offered her $50 and she took it. I took out about 30 of them and traded for a really nice NSKB Armband and sold the other 130 patches for $150.

Last week, someone had a 1st Class War Merit Cross (w/ swords) with original issue case and I paid $75 and she was thrilled. Also recently purchased a 100.170 Kreigs flag via Craigslist. It's definitely a matter of sorting through a lot of garbage to find the gems, but I can vouch for the fact that I have invested a few hundred cash and been very profitable thus far.

I have also made lots of money from craigslist. There are so many good deals that I have had to pass some up at times. I use the craigslist app on my iPhone so I can look at multiple cities at the same time. I think craigslist is the best place to get deals on military items. Many items I have bought there have come right from the vets family.

?

Craigslist is good in certain locations. When I lived in MA, there were good deals for authentic militaria. But when i moved here to VA, there seems to be KVK's + Ike Jackets on there for $500. There isnt enough militaria on there to sift through the junk to find a gem IMO. (unless you search a bunch of cities/towns away). But alot of people wont ship items. Once in a great while there will be a decent German item (helmet/etc). But if you like US stuff, then you might find it a good place.
    These are just my experiences with it.....just alot of common items, some for ridiculous prices. But like anywhere....there will always be someone who finds a gem

I run ads on there frequently and have got some cool US items with stories....but thats about it. Theres too many other people who also run ads. I personalize my ads, and tell people that I dont just turn around and sell the items for a profit like all the others, and people seemed to like that.

Craigslist hasn't produce anything for me. I did find an NVA greatcoat with the cuff title Grenzschutztruppe DDR. The guy wants $300, which seems to me high for such a coat. But then I don't collect DDR stuff. Very slim pickings here.

Craigslist can produce a lot of very good deals, and it has for me in the past. You do have to do a lot of digging, though. There are fakes and scammers aplenty.

From Craiglist, I have made purchases like a Minesweeper badge for $75, a Luftwaffe overseas cap for, I think, $150, a complete front seam, swivel bale M1 with a matching liner for $75, a German helmet for $150, etc...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast