Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Show your ribbon bars.

Article about: Very nice Bars Horst, I like it! I think I need to start collecting them

Default Show your ribbon bars.

Hi Guys, I think ribbon bars are nice attractive items that can still be bought for reasonable prices. I only have a few in my collection which I will share here.

The workmanship and detail which goes into these small items is very good.

But beware of fakes! Like all things Third Reich fakes abound!

By looking at a bar you can build up a picture of the serviceman and his career.

Here is my first bar. This is done in South German or Austrian fashion. Medals are:

1939 EKII, KVK with swords, NSDAP 10 year service, Austrian wound medal, Entry in Austria, Entry in Czechoslovakia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your ribbon bars.   Show your ribbon bars.  

Show your ribbon bars.   Show your ribbon bars.  

Show your ribbon bars.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your ribbon bars.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Show your ribbon bars.

Here we have a bar for an older man, a WW1 Veteran recalled to the colours in WW2.

1914 EKII with 1939 bar, Cross of Honour with swords, Faithful Service Cross for 25 years.

Note the early design of the 1939 bar which features curved sides to the box with the 1939 date.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your ribbon bars.   Show your ribbon bars.  

Show your ribbon bars.  

?

I like the Treue dienst in der NSDAP, nice one!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Salty, faded ribbons on this combat worn bar with 1939 EKII and Westwall medal.

The construction of this one is typical with the tin backing plate.

1939 EKII, long service medal and Entry in Czechoslovakia.

Here the woolen backing is done in navy blue wool. Usually the backing cloth will be done to match the uniform the bar was worn upon. This would indicate a member of the KM.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I like the True dienst in der NSDAP, nice one!
    Hi Dimas, thanks, I like this one too. I wish I knew who it belonged too. I guess an Austrian member of the Party, who served in WW1?

Cheers, Ade.

My final example. This is very special and was a very kind gift from a friend in Spain.

This is the ribbon bar worn by an Officer of the Spanish "Blue Division" in Russia.

The bar itself is very heavy, made of brass and is Spanish made. The ribbons are covered with celluloid.

This bar was worn by Teniente (Leutnant) Domingo Martínez Martín. He was in Russia until 1943.

War Merit Cross 2nd class without swords; two Spanish gallantry awards, the War Cross and Spanish Civil War campaign medal.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Here we have a bar for an older man, a WW1 Veteran recalled to the colours in WW2.

1914 EKII with 1939 bar, Cross of Honour with swords, Faithful Service Cross for 25 years.

Note the early design of the 1939 bar which features curved sides to the box with the 1939 date.
    This one is also very nice, and the Spanish is interesting, similar to the soviet one
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I forgot this one. A simple EKII with Eastern Front medal combination. The backing is dark green Heer badge cloth coloured material.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Adrian - great looking ribbon bars - although I dont get into these I do have a few to dress up my Uniforms - Heres a couple NSDAP bars.

Horst

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast